Mon, Jun 13 2022 8:06 AM (19 replies)
  • PAGES
  • WGTNico
    616 Posts
    Wed, May 25 2022 8:02 AM

Hey everyone, 

We have a new update! 

Bug Fixes:

-Leaderboardv2: Fixed an Issue where "MY RANK" button brings player to their page but not their rank

-Leaderboardv2: Fixed an issue where the credits icon is in the wrong place.

-Fixed the mouse scrolling for the Country Flag Ball Effect

-[Steam specific] Fixed an issue surrounding buying bundles when the player owned an item in the bundle

We are still having some issues with Leaderboardv2 specifically on multi-day tournaments so for most things we're moving back to the original leaderboard until that fix is completed! Sorry about the delay and the back and forth on the new leaderboards everyone!

Cosmetic Updates: 

-TaylorMade Putters - Splitback, Rollback, Notchback or Spider, take your pick!

-Pride Apparel - Celebrate pride month with a special edition Topgolf shirt  

-Juneteenth Apparel - Join us in celebrating this historic day with a Juneteenth shirt 

-PUMA Apparel - Get tournament-ready with the latest from PUMA

-Loudmouth Apparel - Sweet! New eye-catching pants are in the Pro Shop

-New Showdown - Follow the rainbow in this brand new Showdown 

Link to visuals of new items below

https://www.wgt.com/golfnews/archive/2022/05/25/june-2022-game-updates.aspx

• SamSpayed
    4,874 Posts
    Wed, May 25 2022 10:33 AM

Thank you for the detailed update, Nico.

• WGTNico
    616 Posts
    Wed, May 25 2022 11:05 AM

thanks, in the future I want to turn it into a nicer graph/image like other games do in their updates/patch notes but I got the list late yesterday and didn't ask our art team for a template in time. Hopefully by the next update or so 

SamSpayed:

Thank you for the detailed update, Nico.

• twinponds169
    3,004 Posts
    Wed, May 25 2022 11:08 AM

Kinda like putting lipstick on a pig, eh?

Or did I just give away the next tee markers?

:-)

• WAKFUQ
    81 Posts
    Wed, May 25 2022 12:36 PM

IT'S GREAT TO SEE WGT SUPPORT PRIDE.  WELL DONE!

• jacktrade51
    10,834 Posts
    Wed, May 25 2022 2:37 PM

Can you please explain the logic for now listing club tournaments in the order of their expiration date, instead of the order of their creation?

Better yet, get it changed back!!!!

It was always easy to see what new club tournaments had been created.

Tom.

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,468 Posts
    Wed, May 25 2022 3:59 PM

WGTNico:
    in the future I want to turn it into a nicer graph/image like other games do in their updates/patch notes but I got the list late yesterday and didn't ask our art team for a template in time. Hopefully by the next update or so

Good idea, Nico. Looking forward to it!

Just out of curiosity, is there any specific reason why the company wants to change or upgrade the original leaderboards? It was/is working fine, providing all the info we need so why mess up something good?

And for the next cosmetic updates, would you do something about this? This is really unprofessional! It might be just my pet peeve, but it's only growing bigger and bigger whenever I see it during game playing. One of the reasons why I prefer playing with older balls and unfortunately they're running out quick.

Sorry if I sounded too pessimistic or negative despite your efforts. Please know that we, users & the company altogether, have the same objective : make this game better. Cheers.

• SamSpayed
    4,874 Posts
    Wed, May 25 2022 5:21 PM

jacktrade51:

Can you please explain the logic for now listing club tournaments in the order of their expiration date, instead of the order of their creation?

Better yet, get it changed back!!!!

I actually prefer them to be sorted by expiration date.  But maybe give us the option to sort them however we want?

• WGTNico
    616 Posts
    Thu, May 26 2022 7:16 AM

The old leaderboards did their job IF you were consistently in that top part of these tournaments, however if you aren't in that, it became difficult to see where you stand as a player still learning the game.

• Visually it looks much better being able to see where everyone that enters stands
    • It gives better transparency to players to see how many people actually enter any given tournament
    • It also has the tiebreakers and prizes tabs for each respective tournament. Many people were confused by: prize distribution and how we calculated tiebreakers 

Those are just a few of the main reasons for wanting to upgrade, it was just unfortunate that it released with the bugs specifically the multi-day one which we are sorry and embarrassed about it.

Also regarding the visuals on the newer balls vs. the older ones, I don't have a concrete answer, but I assume it has to do with making the newer ones look slightly bigger for those who are capped to just their phones 

EDIT: Nevermind I showed the images of the balls and they were not intended, I've noticed them in the past and they've always bothered me a little and thought it was intended. I don't know if it's something we'll be looking to fix right away but it may be added to the list.

SimonTheBeetle:

Just out of curiosity, is there any specific reason why the company wants to change or upgrade the original leaderboards? It was/is working fine, providing all the info we need so why mess up something good?

And for the next cosmetic updates, would you do something about this? This is really unprofessional! It might be just my pet peeve, but it's only growing bigger and bigger whenever I see it during game playing. One of the reasons why I prefer playing with older balls and unfortunately they're running out quick.

Sorry if I sounded too pessimistic or negative despite your efforts. Please know that we, users & the company altogether, have the same objective : make this game better. Cheers.

• jacktrade51
    10,834 Posts
    Thu, May 26 2022 6:00 PM

With all due respect to Sam, my question has not been answered.

So WGTNico, what is the justification for the change and why has WGT not switched back?  You have created a mess in the 20-25 club tournaments we are running at any given time.

Tom.

• PAGES
RSS