Re: app not loading fully on my laptop

rated by 0 users
Sat, May 28 2022 3:24 AM (25 replies)
  • ScottHope
    10,012 Posts
    Mon, May 23 2022 12:08 PM

MarchieB:
    Is it an invisible tie? 😜

Lol, I do have one.....   somewhere.  ; )

Drieland620:
    I am on a Laptop not a mac. it has windows 10, i think its 64 bit, i am not very technical, i tried again but its loading as far as connecting to server and then the screen goes a little dark and only the music is playing, but no avatars or words only a golf course in the background.

Okay, you could try a reset. Click here for more details

Windows or your browser may warn you about downloading the WGT Reset file, but it's perfectly okay, this is all that is in the file...

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[-HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\WGT]

If you need any help with it, just ask.

• Drieland620
    7 Posts
    Mon, May 23 2022 1:45 PM

Thanks for the help, i tried that, i did get the warnings, but i downloaded and ran it and opened the WGT app again, but same issue, screen goes dark and no images or graphics only music and background.

my laptop settings are 2.30GHZ, 4OGB RAM and Intel HD Graphics 620, should that be capable enough for running the app?

• MarchieB
    1,524 Posts
    Mon, May 23 2022 5:50 PM

Drieland620:
    my laptop settings are 2.30GHZ, 4OGB RAM and Intel HD Graphics 620, should that be capable enough for running the app?

This is whats listed in the FAQ for system minimum requirements.

WGT Golf on Windows requires Windows 8.1 or higher, Intel Core 2 Duo processor or equivalent, 4GB RAM, at least 256MB of available space, and works with most integrated graphics cards.

• ScottHope
    10,012 Posts
    Tue, May 24 2022 12:56 AM

Drieland620:
    Thanks for the help, i tried that, i did get the warnings, but i downloaded and ran it and opened the WGT app again, but same issue, screen goes dark and no images or graphics only music and background.

You're welcome. I seem to recall another member having a similar issue to yours which he eventually resolved. I'll see if I can find that conversation.

Okay, it appears that updating the graphics driver cured the issue for the other member I mentioned. Can you try that? If you don't know how just ask.

• Drieland620
    7 Posts
    Tue, May 24 2022 10:43 AM

I have absolutely no idea lol, way beyond my capabilities, it would probably be easier for me to invest in a new laptop with higher graphics. Damn it anyway  i thought i had nothing to do but join up and start playing golf, nothing is easy these days.

• ScottHope
    10,012 Posts
    Wed, May 25 2022 1:18 AM

Okay, well if you want to go ahead...

1. Press the Windows key + x.
    2. Select Device Manager from the menu.
    3. In the list of devices in the device manager window, look for display adaptors then double click it.
    4. Right click on the item that appears underneath display adaptors and select Update driver from the menu.
    5. In the dialogue box that opens, click Search automatically for drivers.
    6. If a new driver is found and installed, reboot your laptop and try the game again.
    7. If no new driver is found, close the update driver dialogue box. Right click again on the item under display adaptors and select properties from the menu.
    8. In the properties dialogue box, select the driver tab and make a note of the driver version number.
    9. Post the driver version number here and I'll see if I can find if it is the latest one on Intel's website. 
  • Drieland620
    7 Posts
    Wed, May 25 2022 12:12 PM

Well first of all thank you again for your time in helping the less fortunate:-) , i appreciate your efforts, i mean that sincerely.

you made it simple for me to go through the motion and i've learned something new, well i followed your instructions and went through the searching for update. : Windows has determined the best driver is already installed. There may be better on windows update or manufacturers website: That was the dialogue that came up.

driver version: 27.20.100.8280 , That is the driver properties.

• ScottHope
    10,012 Posts
    Thu, May 26 2022 12:30 AM

Thanks Drieland. Hopefully we can get things sorted for you.

It looks as though I might need your processor info as well. If you do the same as before in the device manager, look for processors instead of display adaptor, double click it, then just give me the name of the item underneath, no need to get the driver details, just the name of the processor. Thanks.

• Drieland620
    7 Posts
    Thu, May 26 2022 10:50 AM

This is the processor info. intel(R)coreCTM)i3-702oucpu@2.30GHZ, thanks.

• ScottHope
    10,012 Posts
    Fri, May 27 2022 2:11 AM

Thanks for that Drieland.

Have you checked your laptop manufacturers website to see if there are any graphics driver updates for your model? Might be a good idea to check there first.

This is the latest driver that I can find on Intel's website...

Intel Graphics Driver 30.0.101.1994

It's the first download button on that page, Download igfx_win_101.1994.exe.

There is a list of compatible processors at the bottom of that page, and yours is in that list about â…” of the way down.

If you want to download the driver directly from this post, here is a link for that...

Driver download

Just double click the file to run it once downloaded.

RSS