Help › Forums

Re: Wrong wedge for distance

rated by 0 users
Fri, May 27 2022 5:25 PM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • nerve60
    285 Posts
    Thu, May 19 2022 5:33 PM

I have a 50 and an 80 yard wedge equipped. Why does WGT auto hand me the 80 yard wedge for a 40+ shot? I have switched the placement in inventory but it will still auto equip me with the 80 yard wedge. Even in the sand say,18 yards from the pin, it equips the 80. I should pay better attention but something just doesn't feel right to have to switch to the 50 instead of the 80 when I'm only 40 yards from Pin or in the green side bunkers.

Am I doing something wrong in the Inventory?

• Cicero733
    2,293 Posts
    Thu, May 19 2022 5:57 PM

I have just the opposite issue. Caddy always cues up my 64° Wedge for any shot 100 yds or less. If I select the correct club then monkey around with the different views to insure what I want to hit, I had best check the selected club once more as the caddy will again substitute my selection with the 64° wedge. Just something more you have to condition yourself to check before you hit.

• SamSpayed
    4,895 Posts
    Fri, May 20 2022 11:18 AM

nerve60:

No.  You're not doing anything wrong.  It's a bug in WGT's caddy system.  Their caddy system does not recognize certain wedges.  

For example, I have the L96 Callaway wedge in my bag.  It's rated for 75 yds.  The caddy has never recommended it for any shot, at any time, since I bought it.  For any shot over 60 yds (my lowest wedge), the caddy always recommends my 100 yd wedge.

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,496 Posts
    Fri, May 20 2022 3:18 PM

Interesting observation, Scott.

Since the caddie dude always hands me a wrong (longer) club, I've never paid attention to it, but I guess you're right.

• el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Fri, May 20 2022 4:01 PM

I wrote WGT about this and I think it would be feasible to resolve for the most part but they must not see it as "profitible" or worth the time investment.

I believe the issue is WGT labels two of the wedges both as Sand Wedges and one Lob Wedge or they give you the option of two Lob wedges and one Sand Wedge rather than designating the wedges as they would really fall within a players bag.

So when someone replaces their hybrid - they are often doing so with a gap or approach wedge - because they already have a lob and sand wedge in their bag -- but that wedge ends up getting labeled wrong and the lack of sufficient labels complicates the problem observed.

Reality is the game utilizes at least 3 different types of wedges--

Approach or Gap Wedge -- but not offered or labeled correctly because all wedges are either designated as a Sand or Lob wedge - even when it is not accurate.

If WGT would simply correctly label wedges for the approximate distances they are rated and use appropriate labels it would clearly distinguish all three wedges into different categories and likely resolve the problem -- potentially.   

• lonniescott711
    4,182 Posts
    Sat, May 21 2022 4:32 AM

nerve60:
    No there is nothing wrong with your inventory . As a rule , " Never trust the Caddy ever " . Most players will turn the caddy feature off and select their clubs themselves . This makes sure their club choice and shot selection as well . Do the same and it will stop the confusion..

• ScottHope
    10,086 Posts
    Sat, May 21 2022 5:03 AM

We could do that in the flash game Lonnie, but not in the new format. : (

• pmm711
    5,515 Posts
    Sat, May 21 2022 5:59 PM

Cicero733:

I have just the opposite issue. Caddy always cues up my 64° Wedge for any shot 100 yds or less. If I select the correct club then monkey around with the different views to insure what I want to hit, I had best check the selected club once more as the caddy will again substitute my selection with the 64° wedge. Just something more you have to condition yourself to check before you hit.

+1...and it's definitely annoying as all hell.  I would love to shoot my WGT caddy on a regular basis.  Thank God we don't have to pay them 10% LOL

• lonniescott711
    4,182 Posts
    Fri, May 27 2022 10:20 AM

ScottHope:

We could do that in the flash game Lonnie, but not in the new format. : (

You`re` right . I had forgotten all about that . Plus I`ve been ignoring the caddy for so long that i had`nt paid it any attention once the platform had changed . So the new players will have to learn how to do the same . So back to the most important rule in the game . Never trust the caddy at anytime . Always pick both your club and shot selection . :-)

• marmel
    155 Posts
    Fri, May 27 2022 11:56 AM

I have a problem with wedges, not the same but a message flashed up regarding my equipment. it has changed one of my wedges for a beginers hubrid. I have always used three wedges lob pitching and sand , i have tried to dump the hybrid to bring another wedge into my bag . I have tried to edit my gear but i cannot get it back to where i like it, has anyone got an idea of what ishould be trying now

• PAGES
RSS