Forums

Help › Forums

Re: putting with inconsistent results

Fri, May 20 2022 12:51 PM (6 replies)
  • kgolfs71
    1 Posts
    Thu, May 19 2022 4:38 PM

Been loving this app for 5 months.  My disabled brother and I play 18 holes together each day - he lives on East Coast - I live in OKlahoma.  We have same clubs and are both Masters. 

I began to become very proficient in putting from 12 feet and in.  Suddenly the past two weeks we have played 5 or 6 matches and I was not able to make anything 12 feet to 6 feet.  Same speed greens, balls, meter, clothes, courses, etc.  I am hitting the putts identical to how I always have and it is becoming obvious there is something else going on here.  It is bumming my Brother and I to no end - we have been loving this app until this started.  We both have spent money on clubs and continually on high end balls.

If WGT is reading this - what the heck gang - let us just play golf fair and square without any algorithms.

- about ready to give it up

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Fri, May 20 2022 1:16 AM

I am no expert, and neither am I a very good putter. But my advice would be to concentrate on getting your approach shots closer to the hole , rather than wondering about your putting. 12 foot putts put your putting under pressure , when you become agitated over your putting you tense up , and things become even more difficult. 5 months is no time at all and practicing all your shorts will pay dividends in the end. Just enjoy the game , have fun , relax and see what happens. Good luck

• PureGro1
    1,654 Posts
    Fri, May 20 2022 7:16 AM

bossbird:
    5 months is no time at all and practicing all your shorts will pay dividends in the end. Just enjoy the game , have fun , relax and see what happens. Good luck

+1

If you and your brother are PC players- you should check out Alt-Shot games where you can play as team, It is a very fun way to play and learn at same time.

I would also urge you to join a country club and use putter and shot pal....

• KenBTEXAS
    281 Posts
    Fri, May 20 2022 9:47 AM

we all have our good days and our bad days,  and putting is no exception.

Watch for trends in your putting and adjust accordingly. (are you missing high, low, or short??

Once you start missing, it gets in your head and you become tentative and start second guessing everything.

My putting advice is usually the same. Aim higher and hit it harder. I can't tell you how often I play folks who consistently miss low, week or short. If I start missing it is usually caused by one or all of these.

• Duphpherer
    437 Posts
    Fri, May 20 2022 10:04 AM

Putters are on flash sale today. Good time to trash that default stick. 

• PureGro1
    1,654 Posts
    Fri, May 20 2022 10:48 AM

Should also add to watch your stats- If you go to your profile page here https://www.wgt.com/players/kgolfs71/default.aspx and click the tab that says STATS you can see your putting % and track if its going up or down- Your putting stats are honestly really good IMO for the time you have played...

RSS