Forums

Help › Forums

2022 VUSO

Thu, Jun 30 2022 9:48 PM (32 replies)
  • BPeterson8256
    2,903 Posts
    Mon, May 16 2022 8:31 AM

This Best Of VUSO 2022 course is the most difficult VUSO course I have seen.

Last year at Torrey Pines, the cut line (top 156 plus ties) was 56, and it was the highest cut line I had seen since joining WGT. There were 232 players that made the cut. One of the reasons was that there were no guaranteed eagle attempts in high winds at Torrey Pines. There were only a couple holes with possible eagles, and they needed  wind assistance. With one exception (a 51), 53 was the best score last year.

This year there are two reachable par 4 holes, and all the par 5s can be reached with a little luck with the wind. It will not surprise me to see a couple scores around 49. However, the rest of the course is very difficult, and the 2nd reachable par 4 is a total risk/reward type hole. Additionally, with the wrong winds, none of the par 5s are reachable. I think this year the cut will be higher than last year, "57" or possibly "58"

Perhaps this is wishful thinking. 😂🤣 I just shot 58 with my first attempt, and although I could have possibly shot a lower score, I actually played really well. I thought I had a great round. Those are just some brutal tough holes. There was even one par 4 I was in to the wind and I couldn't reach the green in two.

Anyway... for those who play, have with it!

• DAZZA501
    5,972 Posts
    Mon, May 23 2022 10:30 AM

The VUSO doesn't seem to have the same buzz about it like in in previous years. It used to be the biggest event in the calendar. Players that hadn't played in a while would all come flooding back to the game. I guess the lure of a chance of winning a trip to the following years US open was a major factor. Also the player who finished 1st would be the winner, like it should be in my opinion and not this knockout thing at the end.

• borntobesting
    9,605 Posts
    Thu, May 26 2022 5:26 PM

DAZZA501:

The VUSO doesn't seem to have the same buzz about it like in in previous years. It used to be the biggest event in the calendar. Players that hadn't played in a while would all come flooding back to the game. I guess the lure of a chance of winning a trip to the following years US open was a major factor. Also the player who finished 1st would be the winner, like it should be in my opinion and not this knockout thing at the end.

Plus this year the leaderboard doesn't show the cut line. I may never play well enough to make the cut but it would be nice to know what it is. 

• BPeterson8256
    2,903 Posts
    Fri, May 27 2022 5:46 AM

borntobesting:

I may never play well enough to make the cut but it would be nice to know what it is. 

Here is the VUSO LEADERBOARD

156 + ties make the cut. The cutline is currently at 60 with 181 players inside the cut. Obviously that will continue to change.

• birchi
    1,492 Posts
    Mon, May 30 2022 5:36 AM

DAZZA501:

Yeah, it's definitely lamer than in previous years. It used to be super hype and the highlight of the WGT-year, now it's just one more standard live event with the former four-round-main-stage as a glorified qualifier. Not getting a new course for it also makes playing it a lot unnecessary for the inactive players, as there's nothing new to learn and you can just roll up and shoot a qualifying score in a few attempts in the last days of the qualifier. 

• Bowl64
    3,083 Posts
    Wed, Jun 1 2022 4:28 AM

Being located in Sweden, is there any point of me playing a qualifier? The tourneyrules states that only players from US, most of Canada and a few other countrys can win prizes. Is that correct?

Bjorn

• NrEighteen
    956 Posts
    Wed, Jun 1 2022 7:08 AM

Bowl64:

Being located in Sweden, is there any point of me playing a qualifier? The tourneyrules states that only players from US, most of Canada and a few other countrys can win prizes. Is that correct?

Bjorn

That´s how its been yes, I've asked about this numerous times but I get no proper answer. 

• Bowl64
    3,083 Posts
    Wed, Jun 1 2022 7:59 AM

• puma1220
    5 Posts
    Thu, Jun 2 2022 4:03 PM

I have not been playing nearly as long as many on here, but damn there are some low scores being posted.  I am just a lowly level 56, and have upgraded some clubs, but there are a few par 4's I cannot even get to the fairway on without a favorable wind.  Don't get me started on a few of the pin placements with these tourney greens! Painful.  

RSS