Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Have Apparel Attributes Been Confirmed?

Wed, Sep 21 2022 4:22 PM (13 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Cicero733
    2,292 Posts
    Fri, Apr 8 2022 8:12 PM

will see putting improvements, as you move up in tier, with the quality of the putter, more so than the ball. It is best to find a putter that has the forgiveness and balance that matches the way you putt. 

Yes, I believe that is a given. I’m just curious if any of the “benefits” of the apparel also are resident in the golf ball. Like what if you take a lvl 97 putter and try this with the starter ball, a mid-range ball, and a premium ball. Would there be any difference or would the groupings all be the same. If all the enhancements are resident in the club you should see no difference in groupings between the balls. If however, you do notice a difference in the groupings, could you then conclude that the “putting accuracy” benefit is distributed over both the club and the ball? Additionally do the putting enhancements increase in effectiveness as a function of how close you are to the hole? For example, if you hit the putt, but are a substantial distance from the hole, does the ball have nothing to zone in on and the enhancements are employed in a lesser fashion then when the ball maybe closer to the hole and the enhancements would be in a better position to react, almost like a laser guided weapon that performs better once it has acquired it’s target. Just kind of thinking out loud here…

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Fri, Apr 8 2022 11:04 PM

was going to stay out of this one as to not stir up any controversy but...

putting apparel is essentially worthless. the stats on the putter matter and once you get to the top 2 or 3 there is very little difference.

now how do i know apparel is useless.

either play someone for 9 holes on a random course or go to a practice green.

When playing someone for 9 holes you get the putt preview.

I"ve played a ton of these.

Bottom line if you read the putt right and hit the ding or even miss slightly into the break the thing will go in. you have to get a super long putt before the putt preview is right but you still might miss if hit the ding. Slightly off dinging is better tho.if miss the ding even barely with the break and you read it right it will go in usually. 

so if all this is true without putting apparel then there is no reason to further enhance it.

from This you should also realize that the golden putter really isn't  better than the top 3 putters in the game.  This is a results based knowledge. All the extra numbers are just fluff.

For apparel the two things i care about most are Driver distance and 3W distance. secondarily i like things that slow the meter down. like the MAX glove or the Epic SE glove.  Find that combination then wear stuff that gives you coin bonuses if playing coin games.

For measurements sake every 10 points that an item gets it's around a 1% improvement in distance. So the SE hat maxed equals 8% improvement for 80 points.

• HamdenPro
    2,402 Posts
    Sun, Apr 10 2022 10:26 AM

Mythanatos:
    so if all this is true without putting apparel then there is no reason to further enhance it.

Agreed that there is no reason to wear items to enhance putting, given the other available enhancements.  I disagree that the C&M apparal does nothing but I do not think it does too much more. Like I had said, it is not going to make anyone a better putter than what they already are.  Even in my examples above, the differences were not worth sacrificing other enhancements.

Mythanatos:
    For apparel the two things i care about most are Driver distance and 3W distance

+1 Totally agree. I use the SE hat and MAX shirt for those reasons.

• Blue588
    273 Posts
    Wed, Sep 21 2022 4:22 PM

• PAGES
RSS