Forums

Help › Forums

Re: A SHOUT OUT

Sun, Jun 26 2022 11:54 AM (17 replies)
  • PAGES
  • SimonTheBeetle
    3,468 Posts
    Mon, May 30 2022 5:06 PM

24, especially at Chamber Bay! IMPRESSIVE!!

Congrats, Jill. Keep it up! :)

• HamdenPro
    2,402 Posts
    Mon, May 30 2022 8:18 PM

ct690911:
    I'm gonna "go out on a limb" and suggest that Steff is a big fan of yours....NOT !!

Just for the record, I have no issues with Paul. I have not agreed on some things, and have taken exception to others. I will say, his heart is in the right place. It was a very nice gesture to give Jill the award, which she certainly deserves. I was just pointing out that gender has nothing to do with her accomplishment. Last I checked, we hit from the same tees and use the same clubs.

I have it on good 411, Jill was pleased to receive it.

• ct690911
    7,190 Posts
    Mon, May 30 2022 10:58 PM

HamdenPro:

ct690911:
    I'm gonna "go out on a limb" and suggest that Steff is a big fan of yours....NOT !!

Just for the record, I have no issues with Paul. I have not agreed on some things, and have taken exception to others. I will say, his heart is in the right place. It was a very nice gesture to give Jill the award, which she certainly deserves. I was just pointing out that gender has nothing to do with her accomplishment. Last I checked, we hit from the same tees and use the same clubs.

I have it on good 411, Jill was pleased to receive it.

Fair enough. We all make mistakes and I made one in this case. My response was colored by my own views, and I shouldn't have transferred them to you.

Although a couple months late, I would also like to congratulate Jill on her fine accomplishment.

ct

• HamdenPro
    2,402 Posts
    Tue, May 31 2022 5:50 AM

pdb1:
    Has anyone thought to ask the recipients if they don't like the recognition ?

If you had read my last reply, you would have realized that I gave you props for recognizing her accomplishment. I also noted that she liked the award. We both had a chuckle over the gender identity. 

• Robert1893
    7,652 Posts
    Tue, May 31 2022 7:42 AM

pdb1:
    Has anyone thought to ask the recipients if they don't like the recognition ? Once again I am only giving some respect to an unfairly under recognized group .

The problem is the way you worded it, the award is sexist. You have two choices. 

You can either admit you made a mistake and commit to doing better, or you can be defensive about it and not change.

Your choice. 

• ct690911
    7,190 Posts
    Sun, Jun 26 2022 11:54 AM

pdb1:

Robert1893:

The problem is the way you worded it, the award is sexist. You have two choices. 

You can either admit you made a mistake and commit to doing better, or you can be defensive about it and not change.

Your choice. 

Thanks for giving me choices . Lol . Although everyone wants to believe all is equal . Same tees , same equipment . I notice that some may not have as much public recognition . That may include underdogs , lower tiers whether male or female . It may also include female or LGBTQ .

All of which I will point out when giving an award .

Why do you always seem to respond a month after the initial post is submitted?. You keep advising everyone to check regularly, yet you seldom do.

Quite an oddity. 

That said, I have to disagree with Robert. You didn't word your initial post poorly, you stated exactly what you intended.

• PAGES
RSS