Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Hi there.

rated by 0 users
Fri, Feb 25 2022 7:35 AM (8 replies)
  • Rosella00
    13 Posts
    Tue, Feb 22 2022 7:13 PM

Hi.  I'm fairly new here and I thought before I've been here for a week, I had better post something in this part of the forum

Married (sorry, boys) female, born in Scotland but came to Australia as a child and grew up here.

I'm just here to have fun playing some games.  I'm not really the competitive type, so I'm not here to work my way to the top of the ladder when it comes to scoring and, given my performances in the two holes I just played, it's probably unlikely that would happen anyway......

• phipster
    4,426 Posts
    Wed, Feb 23 2022 10:03 AM

Welcome to the dangerously addictive world of WGT...

• rmpor
    70 Posts
    Wed, Feb 23 2022 2:45 PM

This game can be extremely exasperating when you first start to play (and can continue well into your time here) but as long as you look at it as a "game" and not take it to serious you can have a great time and a lot of fun. You will get better as you play more and that will make it more fun. The best thing to do is to join a GOOD country club, the people in them will help you to understand the game and give the advice to make this game more enjoyable. The longer you stay you will meet a lot of great people (and some real jerks) enjoy the good people and ignore the jerks and just have fun.

Welcome to WGT and enjoy.

• RickinWaSt
    2,069 Posts
    Wed, Feb 23 2022 4:52 PM

Welcome and enjoy your time.

Strongly recommend joining a CC. Not bashful recommending: "The People Club" (TPC). Just know you are not forever stuck with whatever CC you may join. As you are new, find a club where you will get a lot of support by members and an active forum. 

This game can best be summaries...“One minute you’re bleeding. The next minute you’re hemorrhaging. The next minute you’re painting the Mona Lisa."  - Mac O'Grady - 

~ Good Luck ~

• Rosella00
    13 Posts
    Thu, Feb 24 2022 3:50 AM

Thanks everyone.  I note the comments about country clubs, however the times of day and lengths of time I am online are somewhat variable.  Would the fact that I may not be able to always being around at a certain time on a certain day and may not be around for long enough to play more than about four or five holes be a problem?

• RickinWaSt
    2,069 Posts
    Thu, Feb 24 2022 8:21 AM

Folks play around the clock. A good CC will list their members and the time zone they reside. I live in WA <PST> and play folks in England, Sweden, South Africa. 

So, know your availability compared to the time zone you are in and other parts of the world. You can go on the internet for time zones, plug in a country or city, and get the time difference. 

• Rosella00
    13 Posts
    Fri, Feb 25 2022 1:21 AM

Weird.  I was lining up a putt and I got a message to say that my game (it was one of those three hole challenges against another player) had been terminated because I forfeited.  I don't think I want to play any more games tonight....

• Rosella00
    13 Posts
    Fri, Feb 25 2022 2:19 AM

RickinWaSt:
    So, know your availability compared to the time zone you are in and other parts of the world.

And therein lies my problem.  I tend to go online and play a few holes in the evening or night-time when I have a spatr 20 or 30 minutes or so, when there is no urgent housework or whatever to do.  I may have time one day and not another, and I may be online at, say, 8pm to 9.10pm one day and cleaning up the kitchen at that time the following day.  If being a member of a Country Club means you have to be available to play on certain days and certain times, I can't guarantee that.

• RickinWaSt
    2,069 Posts
    Fri, Feb 25 2022 7:35 AM

~>  If being a member of a Country Club means you have to be available to play on certain days and certain times, I can't guarantee that.

Thats not totally accurate at least not with TPC. There maybe some clubs that rise up to your statement. There are members who play a great deal in one day, some lesser so. A member can pick and choose which club tournaments (I’ve lost count there’s about 15 or more.) to play and the best time that works for them. 

RSS