Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Coins for Maxed out items

rated by 0 users
Mon, Apr 11 2022 8:07 PM (9 replies)
  • DanB89W
    5 Posts
    Wed, Feb 2 2022 8:37 AM

I heard that when an item is maxed out, that you get coins if that items comes up in a sponsor pack. Do I actually need to upgrade that item to the max, or does just having 1000/1000 get the coins. I've been playing sponsored coin rounds for about a year, and I just hit 1000/1000 on my first item (but didn't upgrade it), and I didn't notice any bonus when I got that item again.

• PureGro1
    1,655 Posts
    Wed, Feb 2 2022 9:41 AM

Im not sure, Some bronze boxes dont give coins even on Maxed items though.

• MarchieB
    1,525 Posts
    Wed, Feb 2 2022 10:13 AM

Yes you need to upgrade the item to the max Level as well. Doesn't seem worth it to me unless it's an item you are already upgrading, but that's just my opinion. You can do the math to see if it's worth it for you. I believe you get 200 coins for each apparel item point.

• DanB89W
    5 Posts
    Wed, Feb 2 2022 11:53 AM

Thanks, I don't buy coins, and I only build them slowly playing games in Chelsea, leveling, and the occasional big win on the free spin. I was hoping getting some coins for maxed out items (I get a ton of TG Gloves and SE Pants form the Weekly Bonus Packs), would be a good way to keep growing my coins. Now I guess I need to save to upgrade the maxed out items before I can start this.

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Thu, Feb 3 2022 3:39 AM

I play a fair bit in Chelsea , and have quite a lot of maxed out apparel , which to get to level 10 takes quite a lot of coins , I think from memory the last upgrade from 9-10 costs 105000 coins , but when I win in Chelsea on the maxed out items I normally receive 1800 coins , so over a period of time it probably does pay to upgrade and keep the items upgraded as you go along. When I lose in Chelsea I normally get back 400 coins so that almost pays the stake. Obviously if you have items maxed out for the payout of coins it also goes up , so winning in Chelsea I get 1066 coins not 900 , in Rio I get over 42000 not 36000, and winning in Tokyo is 532000 not 450000. 

• HamdenPro
    2,410 Posts
    Thu, Feb 3 2022 8:47 AM

bossbird:
    when I win in Chelsea on the maxed out items, I normally receive 1800 coins

I maxed out recently on the Max Hat (common). I never upgraded it too 10 as I do not use it. After reading about getting coins for maxed out items, in another thread, I went ahead and spent the coins to max it out at 10.

I won a silver case in the Rio room, the other day, and received 2000 coins for the hat that I had maxed.

Is that normal, 2000 coins? Does the number of coins depend on the particular item or sponsor? or can I expect to always get 2000 coins on maxed items?

Does the number of coins vary depending on room, or type of case?

Just curious before I start spending coins to max items I do not use.

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Thu, Feb 3 2022 9:12 AM

HP , the number of coins you get is dependent on the number of points awarded , and dependent upon how many items those points are warded across. So you can’t say for certain you will always get the same amount. Yes the number of points is higher in the higher rooms , but I have never bothered recording the details , certainly I believe it is worth maxing on as many items as possible , but that is my gut feeling rather than statistic driven. Also of course it depends how driven you are to do the apparel sponsorship , if you only do it once a day it is t going to be as beneficial as for someone who is doing three sponsorship runs in a day. I can’t even tell you whether all sponsors pay coins on maximum items , I just play top golf sponsorship as that pays out very well for me. 

• DanB89W
    5 Posts
    Thu, Feb 3 2022 10:37 AM

Thanks. I was hoping to build up a bigger coin stash before trying those rooms. Currently, I'm just trying to get apparel, so I've just been playing Chelsea, with all SE clothing, to get the extra chests.

I have been thinking about what would maximize the rate of apparel I get, as I understand from the Forum that the higher rooms usually drop a higher percentage of Gold/Platinum than Chelsea, and more apparel per chest.

However, I'm also concerned that I wouldn't win nearly as often as I do in Chelsea in the higher rooms, and I've heard it takes a lot longer to find a partner, so I'd probably be playing fewer games during the sponsor period. Additionally, in a good month I win about 66% of my games in Chelsea. If that drops below 56% in a higher room, then I'll be going backwards in coins.

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Thu, Feb 3 2022 2:23 PM

DanB89W:

Thanks. I was hoping to build up a bigger coin stash before trying those rooms. Currently, I'm just trying to get apparel, so I've just been playing Chelsea, with all SE clothing, to get the extra chests.

I have been thinking about what would maximize the rate of apparel I get, as I understand from the Forum that the higher rooms usually drop a higher percentage of Gold/Platinum than Chelsea, and more apparel per chest.

However, I'm also concerned that I wouldn't win nearly as often as I do in Chelsea in the higher rooms, and I've heard it takes a lot longer to find a partner, so I'd probably be playing fewer games during the sponsor period. Additionally, in a good month I win about 66% of my games in Chelsea. If that drops below 56% in a higher room, then I'll be going backwards in coins.

In Chelsea I have about a 66% win rate.  

I think what you need to remember is you will in all likelihood play better and win more if you are more relaxed , if you enter a room where you are not comfortable , because you don’t want to lose coins then your reactions playing the shots may not be as fluid, at least that’s how I feel . I play Chelsea for apparel , and bigger one and three hole matches for turf wars. Having a big enough balance of coins so you have plenty left if you lose a few times is key. Also we all have good days and bad days , start in Chelsea , if you can get close to the hole and sink putts and feel confident go up a room or two. Remember though Casablanca and above you will go off the same tee as your opponent.

• Argee1
    185 Posts
    Mon, Apr 11 2022 8:07 PM

I have a top golf glove maxed out at level 10. When I win bonus coins for it, they are being subtracted from my coin account rather than added to it. I have contacted WGT several times now and they say someone is looking into it and will get back to you, but no one ever does. Has anyone else noticed this problem??

RSS