Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Strange things & Hidden Objects

Mon, Sep 18 2023 8:44 PM (310 replies)
  • HamdenPro
    2,402 Posts
    Fri, Dec 2 2022 5:50 PM

Not necessarily "strange" or "hidden", but, IMO, interesting...

I am fairly sure most members notice that on all the courses, all the sand traps are nicely groomed, some showing fresh rake lines. In fact, some seem maintained perfectly. I am also fairly sure, along with cleaning up the course, replacing divots, picking up random markers and trash, etc, when mapping the course, WGT also insures the traps look pristine. (as an aside, ever notice any rakes?).

In any event, I find it odd to come across a sand trap with footprints in it. I only can surmise they are from a member of the WGT photo crew. Having walked through the trap, there was no rake to clean it up!

This is on #16 Congressional:

• Cicero733
    2,291 Posts
    Fri, Dec 2 2022 7:55 PM

Nice catch. Makes you wonder who was it that walked through; actually almost looked like somebody just stood there.

• gonfission
    2,227 Posts
    Fri, Dec 2 2022 8:01 PM

Looks as though the one on the left weighed about 135 lbs, screw metrics! The one striding on the right weighs about 165 lbs.

Notice the stride on the right. Is this person standing like that? There are no tracks before, or after the picture was taken, weird

The one on the left are about a size 8, in USA. The ones on the right, look to be about a size 10 -12

The one on the left has a hip knee or ankle problem. Weight is shifted to the right...

The one on the left had coffey & an everything bagel for breakfast.... The one on the right had linguica, with habanero pepers, with a bran muffin..... Do I need to extrapolate the bad decision he / she chose to make, without thinking of the days events & distances...

Maybe thats why we see no prints moving. Linguica man / woman (must be inclusive) probably took off in one giant leap to get on his / her way to the loo... (For Craig)

Maybe thats why he / she was stationary... That's a mans man breakfast. Just not a food group to eat, while out on excursions away from your life support.....

Any way, nice detective work Steff

When you are bored with this (what ever it proports itself to be) you have a career in forensic science at the very least.....

Another innocuous post

• MioKontic
    4,587 Posts
    Sat, Dec 3 2022 1:09 PM

HamdenPro:
    (as an aside, ever notice any rakes?).

I seem to recall, very many moons ago, one rake was found, possibly on St Andrews (#16?).  And I think it was found by none other than Mr Alien Ambassador himself - Yancycan.  Not sure if I'm imagining this or not, maybe Opy can remember/confirm?

Yancy did also find either some shears, or something of the like, to cut away some of the fescue, although... I don't think they were 'really' there. if you get my meaning  ;)

• MioKontic
    4,587 Posts
    Sat, Dec 3 2022 1:15 PM

HamdenPro:
    (as an aside, ever notice any rakes?).

As my posts are under moderation I cannot edit the post I posted just before this one since it's not up yet.  But...

Here is the thread about the rake in the bunker.  And I was right, it was indeed on St Andrews #16.  Unfortunately the link within the thread is an old-time flash replay, so it no longer works.

https://www.wgt.com/forums/t/32288.aspx

So, it seems WGT do indeed edit out rakes.

• opyeuclid
    6,704 Posts
    Mon, Dec 5 2022 5:36 PM

MioKontic:
    Opy can remember/confirm?

I have hand writen knotes on paper in a binder in a box some place here after the " Move " . 

Mr Yancy did find that rake , I remember that . 

OPY

• HamdenPro
    2,402 Posts
    Fri, Dec 9 2022 8:26 PM

MioKontic:
    Here is the thread about the rake in the bunker.  And I was right, it was indeed on St Andrews #16.  Unfortunately the link within the thread is an old-time flash replay, so it no longer work

For Mio:

The rake in the trap on #16 St. Andrews (I went and found it for you - :)  )

(Click on pic to enlarge)

• ScottHope
    10,006 Posts
    Sat, Dec 10 2022 2:32 AM

HamdenPro:
    The rake in the trap on #16 St. Andrews

Well, I never noticed that before. : )

Steff, if you would like your image links to open in a new browser window or tab. In the insert/edit link dialogue, set the target to open link in a new window.

• MioKontic
    4,587 Posts
    Mon, Dec 12 2022 12:02 PM

HamdenPro:
    The rake in the trap on #16 St. Andrews (I went and found it for you - :)  )

Well done  :)

RSS