Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Sand - Magnet or bad playing? (Just Asking)

Wed, Jan 26 2022 6:28 PM (6 replies)
  • Yrydys
    38 Posts
    Wed, Jan 26 2022 10:54 AM

Hello WGT Players,

Sand are like magnets? Or it's just bad gaming/playing?

I did some tests but it's not clear. Should try with elevation and no elevation, etc. Just want to know if other players "feel" that the sand is "attracting" the ball. 

GG!

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Wed, Jan 26 2022 3:16 PM

No , not for me 

• rmpor
    70 Posts
    Wed, Jan 26 2022 3:34 PM

Yrydys:

Hello WGT Players,

Sand are like magnets? Or it's just bad gaming/playing?

I did some tests but it's not clear. Should try with elevation and no elevation, etc. Just want to know if other players "feel" that the sand is "attracting" the ball. 

GG!

LOL Yrydys everyone remembers that period of their play. With more playtime it tends to lessen its magnetism just work thru it and have fun.

• BPeterson8256
    2,908 Posts
    Wed, Jan 26 2022 3:45 PM

Yrydys:

Sand are like magnets?

They play like they do in real life. They are put in places that tempt you to get too close. They are rather easy to avoid with good course management though.

BP

• mnb1985
    198 Posts
    Wed, Jan 26 2022 3:45 PM

The minuet you learn to play like a pro from the bunkers you’ll stop landing in them 😂 

it’s rare I hit a bunker anymore, always think one shot ahead and try to stick the ball in a position of the fairway where you don’t have to hit over a bunker (especially if you don’t have high trajectory irons). 

of course there’s some holes that you have to go over the bunkers if you’re looking for an eagle (kiawa #2 for example) but if you’re happy with a birdie you can always play around the bunker until you’re more confident 😊 

• ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Wed, Jan 26 2022 3:46 PM

Sand traps are the only thing I can aim for and actually hit...lol

• jacktrade51
    10,899 Posts
    Wed, Jan 26 2022 6:28 PM

mnb1985:

The minuet you learn to play like a pro from the bunkers you’ll stop landing in them 😂 

So true.  But worse (?), when you rarely land in them, you forget how to play them.  I believe I was a better bunker player 4-5 years ago.

RSS