Forums

Help › Forums

Re: WORLD CUP 2022 OFFICIAL FORUM

Thu, Aug 18 2022 4:10 PM (1,521 replies)
  • blubear
    647 Posts
    Sun, Aug 7 2022 1:59 PM

hello

Plate final match 

blubear  player 79 tie 4

wins 1 up over 

amadeus2015  player 126  tie 4

Lorenzo played well and it was close all the way 

thanks

walter

• Tristan0Miles
    61 Posts
    Sun, Aug 7 2022 3:04 PM

Plate Final - Tie #3

#121 - Tristan0Miles wins over #81 - julio1235

Some lucky shots is all that decided a close match.

Thank you Julio for being so understanding in scheduling :)

• bader76
    908 Posts
    Wed, Aug 10 2022 11:41 AM

bump

• FergusTLS
    12 Posts
    Wed, Aug 10 2022 8:58 PM

Plate Final - Tie #1

#130 - FergusTLS wins over #85 - phill66lava

Close match most of the way, could have gone either way.

Thank you Phil, it was fun

• sam19193
    26 Posts
    Fri, Aug 12 2022 2:25 AM

Plate Final - Tie #7

MightyNic (The Penalty Box 2) wins over rsilverbullet (TCC Achtbaan)

• PAULFINN52
    3,171 Posts
    Fri, Aug 12 2022 5:12 AM

well thats it 

il close it up tonight or tomorrow

cheers 

Finny

• PAULFINN52
    3,171 Posts
    Fri, Aug 12 2022 11:34 AM

Well my friends This years World Cup has come to the end and we have our winners

i have to say a big thank you to pete(PJH1736) for engraving the trophies this year cheers mate,

The Cup has been won by the most consistent team throughout the comp.

They didnt lose a match in all the group stages and only lost only 6 matches in all the knockout stages,a truly impressive team with bucket loads of talent.

I give you COBRA KAI A Cup winners for 2022.

Well done

The Plate has been a hard fought battle from a team that could have made the Cup but results didnt go their way.

We gave them a little scare in the semis but they showed what a class club they come from and it could have been a double if the first team had won.

I give you our Plate winners for 2022. PENALTY BOX 2

Again well done

Well done to all players who have taken part and i hope you have made a few friends along the way  and enjoyed the experience,please come back next year.

Now comes the part i didnt think i would see and dreaded but i think its time.

This is my final year running this comp that i have been doing for the last 7 years,

it started as a Xmas Club Challenge then a Mini World Cup  which had 16 teams in  and it has evolved over the years to the great comp it is now.

Basically 6 months of every year over  the last 7 years i have been doing this, i have loved every minute but with my newly diagnosed  rheumatoid arthritis and my first grandson Iver born this year i want to spend more time playing golf while i can and seeing the little fella bless him.

i have been working with my new team this year Nico/Jess and Carl guiding them where i can to take over the running and perhaps taking it to a new level,Carl has already done that with the World Cup discord a stroke of genius,so much easier than using WGT messages and forums .

Of course Nigel will be onboard doing all the spreadsheets and the new World Cup website which is easier for all players to navigate their matches and up to date tables,big golf clap to you sir and thanks for staying with the team.

i will still be around in the background for any advice if needed but this comp runs itself really and thats down to the Captains and players but the day to day running will be handled by these 3 great people. 

i could write a book on the great times and laughs i have had but all i am going to say is its been a wonderful 7 years and thanks to every player who has taken a little time out of their lives to just go out there and enjoy 18 holes smashing a ball around and having a good chat,

for the very last time

Cheers Finny

• ibprime
    265 Posts
    Fri, Aug 12 2022 11:05 PM

Thank you Finny for all your dedication with this fun tourney ....

Congrats to the winners ... well done

Cheers

Kerry

• LuizFabiano
    222 Posts
    Sun, Aug 14 2022 12:20 AM

thx for the great wc 2022 and congrats to the Cobra team well deserved win

grtzzz Jasper

• Yiannis1970
    3,269 Posts
    Sun, Aug 14 2022 1:51 AM

Great great job all these years Finny, with dedication and high quality results achieved. Worthy man!!!

See you out there!

Best of luck to the new team.

RSS