Forums

Help › Forums

Re: WORLD CUP 2022 OFFICIAL FORUM

Thu, Aug 18 2022 4:10 PM (1,521 replies)
  • PAULFINN52
    3,171 Posts
    Sun, May 22 2022 11:08 AM

Hello all

The World cup 2021

i will start by saying this is my last year running this comp,i am handing it over to 

Carl,Nico,Jess and Nigel to carry on what has been a great 7 or 8 years for me and a pleasure in dealing with all the teams,captains and players who have taken part in what has become the best team game ever on WGT in my opinion.

i want to spend more time playing golf as long as  my rheumatoid arthitis will let me and enjoying time with my new grandson who was born two weeks ago.

i will still be in the background for any problems which are very rare now but the day to day running of the comp will be handled by these awesome 4 people,

a big thanks for carrying on my dream for me you four and i hope you carry on what is player v player  having some fun and a good chat smashing a ball around 18 holes whatever the tier.

right lets move on

thats it all group games done and we move onto the knockout stages

group winners 

TCC Bandits

Cobra Kai Larussos

SEL Thunderchickens

Cobra Kai Skeletons

Skeletons still to lose a game big golf clap to your team.

This is where we lose teams and thanks to those who have taken part and you are all welcome back next year.

Play off last 16

June 20th - July 3rd

18 Holes Matchplay

Pebble Beach Golf Links

Since 1919, Pebble Beach Golf Links has defined champions and championship moments. This world-famous course welcomes players of all skill levels. Its breathtaking oceanside locale is surrounded by the lush Del Monte Forest. Considered one of the world's most challenging courses, Pebble Beach Golf Links is renowned for its storied past, championship tournaments and unforgettable beauty.

The narrow fairways, high roughs, well-placed bunkers and small greens help to make this one of the most challenging golf courses in the country.

No handicaps in the knockout stages

RULES

Each match will be played to a win even with sudden death,

Each match will have a 2 week timeline to complete

Any players refusing to play will forfeit their match,

Any matches not completed on time will be looked at by me and the team and a decision made on the result depending on evidence supplied,

I would suggest a 90sec shot clock with maximum timeouts, there’s no panic to get the game played and have a chat in-between,

if both players agree they can have 60 or 45 that would be their choice,

use of apparel is to be agreed by both players if they want it but this years rule would be no apparel used thats the safe option.

No focus boosts will be allowed during matches. Use of this tool will lead to a disqualification

Any team members giving advice on any shots/putts to another player on any chat forum and found out, the player and the adviser will be disqualified from the rest of the comp.

Players please when posting results, I would like  teams and players please and a short post of the match,

Let’s keep the forum busy but no negative comments from anyone, if you have a  problem contact your captain first and they will contact the other captain, we don’t really want to be involved unless I have to.

CTTH HOLES/PRIZES

All CTTH holes are on the website and dont forget to check out the special prizes which run throughtout the comp.

finny

MATCHES POSTED MIDNIGHT UK TIME

• WigerToods2010
    8,445 Posts
    Sun, May 22 2022 2:20 PM

22 May WigerToods2010 defeated JimCruz in a 18 hole match play game on CONGRESSIONAL C.C

2hrs and 40+ mins to go of rnd 5 as I post... phew.

GROUP 2

ROUND 5

MATCH 3

TIE #8

Got my round in and managed a 'W' to tie (I think) the round itself for the Assassins.

Could have went either way. Jim hit the pin on the last from off the green with a wee pitch shot - had it dropped it would prolly have meant a half each.

Cheers for the fun game, Jim.

Johnny.

psst...check your bag.

👍

• soliderock1
    1,550 Posts
    Sun, May 22 2022 3:13 PM

Group 2  Round 5   Match 2

TCC Achtbaan vs The Penalty box 2

soliderock1 wins over poncharello6504 by 3

• krcun70
    225 Posts
    Sun, May 22 2022 3:16 PM

Group 2 Round 5 Tie 2 Match 2

MightyNic defeated blubear in a 18 hole match play game on CONGRESSIONAL C.C.

• Young46
    1,291 Posts
    Mon, May 23 2022 6:54 AM

Group 4, Round 6, Match 2

Young46 3up vs. StoneDragon37

• sam19193
    25 Posts
    Tue, May 24 2022 1:05 PM

Group 2, Round 6, Match 4

Sam19193 (The Penalty Box 2) 6UP vs. RZimmerman22 (Shov's Twats)

• JSmithers
    1,263 Posts
    Tue, May 24 2022 6:44 PM

Group 4 round 6 match 2

JSmithers over bt617

• Dwightco633
    29 Posts
    Wed, May 25 2022 5:30 AM

Group 4  Round 6 

Match 1

Tie #8 

257 Dwightco633 (Freedom Club United)  won  vs.  421 Tiewas (Aussie Bushrangers)

• DBStronghold
    172 Posts
    Wed, May 25 2022 7:48 AM

World Cup Round 6 LFG vs Black Diamond 

Group 1 Match 1 Tie # 5

#377 (LFG) mattsutherland defeats #473 (BD) BILLNPATTY 5 & 4

another amazing performance and great start to round 6!!!

LFG🔥🔥🔥🇨🇦🍁

• ranjet
    2,260 Posts
    Wed, May 25 2022 8:37 AM

Round6..

group 4,,match 4,,tie#7

#397 NStannard V marcelofvha #145     All Square....

RSS