Forums

Help › Forums

Re: WGT server slowdown?

rated by 0 users
Fri, Jan 21 2022 10:50 AM (3 replies)
  • Duphpherer
    437 Posts
    Wed, Jan 19 2022 7:52 PM

I've been playing a few months and just the last few weeks I seem to have connection issues to the WGT server. I'm not talking about when playing h2h and my opponent times out, this is happening occasionally when I even practice or play alone. 

Does WGT server have an IP I can ping or tracert to see if I can locate the issue? It might be a bad hop between us. Most of the time, it's hardly noticeable.

• SamSpayed
    4,874 Posts
    Thu, Jan 20 2022 9:44 AM

Duphpherer:
    Does WGT server have an IP I can ping or tracert to see if I can locate the issue? It might be a bad hop between us. Most of the time, it's hardly noticeable.

Duphpherer, I believe WGT has several servers in different geographic locations.  I am not sure where all of them are, or their IP addresses, but I know last time I looked (which was a couple years ago), they had servers in Europe (Ireland, IIRC), Eastern US, Western US, and maybe others (don't know / can't remember).

If you have access to a VPN, you might try using it to connect to VPN servers in different locations before launching the game.  I'm guessing WGT routes you to different game servers based on (what they think is) your geographic location.  You might get routed to a less-congested server that way.

Hope this helps. 

• Duphpherer
    437 Posts
    Fri, Jan 21 2022 8:17 AM

I'm on the left coast and used my vpn through Atlanta. Game played great, but need more sampling to draw any conclusion.  

Thanks for your advice SamSpayed. You are one of the most helpful person in these forums and much appreciated. 

• SamSpayed
    4,874 Posts
    Fri, Jan 21 2022 10:50 AM

Thanks for your kind words, Duphpherer.  It means a lot.

RSS