Forums

Help › Forums

Re: A Unique Opportunity

rated by 0 users
Wed, Jan 19 2022 1:11 AM (5 replies)
  • StevieB154
    218 Posts
    Sun, Jan 16 2022 9:24 AM
    Ladies and gentlemen. I am the director of a level 10 club which has a membership of 24. Of the 24 members, we have around eight who actively participate in club tournaments on a daily basis, four who use the Discord server and maybe half a dozen who check out the club forum on a weekly basis. We have a tournament director who organises challenging tournament on a daily basis and our participation in The Clash events has led to top hundred finishes in six of the last eight events with three being in the top 70. In other words, we're a small club with a core of excellent players.
    Does this sound familiar? In the last Clash, we played clubs with 250 members with only four participating and it's not just occasionally, it's every event.
    What we would like to do is provide an opportunity where active players can move to what we hope will become an amalgamation of those active players. We aren't just interested in boosting our numbers though, if you're a club director with five active players, there are places for you as directors where you can bring your ideas and make the club into something more than just a place where you can get yourself a free putting meter etc..
    ANY level of player is welcome. If you're a club director or owner, bring your members and ideas with you.
    We currently play as The Phoenix Bandits and our home can be found here...
    Drop a line to myself or the owner SChoitz and lets see if we can get something moving.
    WGT - Phoenix Bandits Country Club
    WGT.COM
    WGT - Phoenix Bandits Country Club
    World Golf Tour country club. Play online golf tournaments with friends. The most realistic multi-player golf video game on the web.
  • StevieB154
    218 Posts
    Tue, Jan 18 2022 10:47 AM

Bump Up

• AlaskanDame
    18,964 Posts
    Tue, Jan 18 2022 2:41 PM

…..or you could take your active players to an already active club……..

• ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Tue, Jan 18 2022 3:55 PM

AlaskanDame:

The only problem is most clubs claim to be active in hopes of attracting recruits. No owner is going to say that he/she has a dead cc so come join up...lol

I've belonged to several "active" CCs and usually it was the same handful of people who played regularly.. Another classic bait line is "No drama"...ummm, yeah.

@the OP

Good post. Creative and very informative. Good luck.

ct

• StevieB154
    218 Posts
    Wed, Jan 19 2022 1:09 AM

Good Morning and thank you for replying!

It is a common problem throughout the game I guess. We have 24 players who do play regularly - some prefer to play Turf War and coin rooms, some prefer The Clash events, some play the ready go tournaments... each to their own. However, overall, we don't think we're active enough. What Scott (the owner) and I are trying to do is offer an opportunity for players who want regular club tournaments to join a club which will cater for their needs and provide somewhere where more than six players out of 200 members play an event.

I know I used The Clash event as an example but it encompasses all aspects of the game. It would be very easy for us to just go to a bigger club but for now, we want to try to build membership of OUR club to make it more that it currently is. We can only improve our situation as The Phoenix Bandits by expanding our membership.

If all this rings bells, then why not join us - all levels of player are welcome. 

Steve

StevieB154

• StevieB154
    218 Posts
    Wed, Jan 19 2022 1:11 AM

AlaskanDame:

Good Morning.

The only problem with this approach is that we're trying to expand our club, not fold it.

Steve 

RSS