Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Chambers bay hole 3

rated by 0 users
Mon, Jan 10 2022 10:29 PM (2 replies)
  • protrader44
    2 Posts
    Mon, Jan 10 2022 11:59 AM

Any tips on how to get your approach to stay on the green here ? This par 5 is short but the increase in elevation makes it almost impossible to hold the green 

• SamSpayed
    4,901 Posts
    Mon, Jan 10 2022 5:47 PM

protrader44:

Any tips on how to get your approach to stay on the green here ? This par 5 is short but the increase in elevation makes it almost impossible to hold the green 

You mean hole #4, right?

Play your approach to the left and let it roll back down off the slope behind the hole.  Use full backspin.

• Duphpherer
    440 Posts
    Mon, Jan 10 2022 10:29 PM

protrader44:

Pretty much what SamSpayed pointed out. There's a steep run-off area, behind and/or above the hole, usually it's just short of the pin. Depending on my angle of attack, I will sometimes aim for that spot. Most times it will roll back down near the pin. If it hangs, I'll flop my LW. Easy bird and a good chance for easy eagle. 

Wind controls much of how to approach this hole. If there's a decent headwind, I go right at the flag.

RSS