Forums

Help › Forums

Re: ❤Love Letter To All The Putting Formula Players... NOT!💔

Mon, Jan 31 2022 4:55 PM (28 replies)
  • PureGro1
    1,656 Posts
    Tue, Jan 11 2022 7:22 AM

Re-read this morning, I didn't realize how harsh what I said sounded and apologize if that came off badly.

I play with quite a few folks who are elderly and when we do join a game's or have an "anyone" as fourth player- I see people complain about the time they take to hit shots and it just rubs me the wrong way. 

Both from a respect for your elders standpoint and from a common sense one as well, Why would someone join a game with a set timer that they knew was there before joining and then complain about the time someone takes. 

Im not talking about coin games where some players may do this on purpose, but even so its their 45 seconds and why do I care how they use it...lol

Just for the record- I too do the math in my head and play fairly quickly BUT tuff putts or caught between clubs, or mess up the math first time through can lead me to take 50-60 sec when I usually go 20-25 sec. 

• Sniperdad2018
    5 Posts
    Tue, Jan 11 2022 11:01 AM

The surest way to get me to play slow in coin games on purpose is to give me the zzzzzz text in chat. You will them wait thru a timeout and I will then  take the entire 45 seconds before I hit the rest of the game. If you dont have time to play then dont . The game gives you a timeout and 45 seconds to hit for a reason. If you cant accept the people youre playing against taking that amount of time, perhaps the coin games arent for you .Forfeit and move on or dont play if it bothers you that much. 

• pmm711
    5,515 Posts
    Tue, Jan 11 2022 1:01 PM

Sniperdad2018:

The surest way to get me to play slow in coin games on purpose is to give me the zzzzzz text in chat. You will them wait thru a timeout and I will then  take the entire 45 seconds before I hit the rest of the game. If you dont have time to play then dont . The game gives you a timeout and 45 seconds to hit for a reason. If you cant accept the people youre playing against taking that amount of time, perhaps the coin games arent for you .Forfeit and move on or dont play if it bothers you that much. 

This method of play will get you a timeout from WGT.  Total douche move.  

Read this thread  https://www.wgt.com/forums/t/629038.aspx?PageIndex=2

• BPeterson8256
    2,908 Posts
    Wed, Jan 12 2022 6:43 AM

pmm711:

Sniperdad2018:

This method of play will get you a timeout from WGT.  Total douche move.  

Read this thread  https://www.wgt.com/forums/t/629038.aspx?PageIndex=2

I think there are two separate subjects here. It is one thing to play 10 shots slow to try to get your opponent to quit for the win. It is entirely different letting Karma be your caddie when you run into an extremely rude player.

I recently had a player get very rude with me over slow play. (I continued to play normal which is fairly quick actually, especially in coin rooms where I am also in a hurry) The funny thing is, I always greet the players I am playing with. I never chat when it is my turn, and I never send the message while the other player is getting ready to hit. I send the greeting while the ball is in the air. I think it was my greeting that upset the player that was being rude. I think he assumed my play was going to be slow because I sent a greeting. His rude reply complaining about my slow play popped up on my screen before I hit my shot (although I didn't read it until after). It was the tee shot which was less than 15 seconds, his reply came within the first 5 seconds. He had to be typing his rude reply before his tee shot ever hit the ground, and well before he had any idea how fast or slow my play was. Right or wrong, I promise you Karma will be on the bag for me if I ever run into that player again. I even went out of my way to continue to be nice to this player, only to receive belligerent replies. 

If a player wants to play fast, replying to comments, especially in a rude manner is the worse thing they can possibly do. It will almost certainly slow down play, making the rude player the cause for the play being even slower.

• mnb1985
    198 Posts
    Sun, Jan 30 2022 5:25 AM

The way I see it, the shot clock is their to be used. If someone wants to take 45-60-90 for a shot it doesn’t bother me at all. If they want to use their timeouts it doesn’t bother me either. When I’m sat playing the game I’m not in a rush to do anything else.

• RickinWaSt
    2,071 Posts
    Mon, Jan 31 2022 4:41 PM

I'm a little late to this party discussion...

~> we learn to memorize or calculate what putts will do based on certain flow of the dots - it is why this game at the highest levels will likely remain a math game and not a skill game.

Remember, this is a computer game where I believe math is king. I would believe the same theory would apply to approach shots into greens? 

~> set the Shot Timer to a lower value (60 or 45 sec, or whatever you feel most comfortable with). 

The 45 second clock has kept me out of taking part in coin room games; more so, along the putting time frame :-/ One suggestion => Practice with a desktop count down timer. Not sure what point the stress/frustration is removed :-)

• RickinWaSt
    2,071 Posts
    Mon, Jan 31 2022 4:43 PM

~>  I didn't want to give away my secrets, so I just said thank you.

Oh, great response :-)

• RickinWaSt
    2,071 Posts
    Mon, Jan 31 2022 4:48 PM

~> Re-read this morning, I didn't realize how harsh what I said sounded and apologize if that came off badly. I play with quite a few folks who are elderly...

Hmm, elderly define as? Yea, your original post did come across as slightly condescending. Glad to see you've attempted to update that post. 

• RickinWaSt
    2,071 Posts
    Mon, Jan 31 2022 4:55 PM

~> The way I see it, the shot clock is there to be used. If someone wants to take 45-60-90 for a shot it doesn’t bother me at all.

I feel "we" need to respond to this topic with some context. I totally understand the advances players (Legend shooting 63 for example.Tour Legend and Champions) and their thoughts about "us" slower players. I totally get it and wish it was not part of my game. However, I need all the assistance at my point, my game. 

~ Cheers ~

RSS