Forums

Help › Forums

Re: BALL RETRIEVER

Thu, Jan 6 2022 9:14 AM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • garyk49
    2,313 Posts
    Thu, Jan 6 2022 4:17 AM

Happy New Year to you also, Paul  Not meaning to leave anyone else in these thread out, but I have met Paul.

And I will have to agree with Paul, #1 at Andy's creek should be full of balls and it is not.  I have had a few of them hop into that creek myself.

So Happy New Year to all.

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Thu, Jan 6 2022 4:29 AM

KIA #17 is said to be all balls covered by a wee layer of water...

• craigswan
    30,962 Posts
    Thu, Jan 6 2022 5:42 AM

Advice from st andrews golf course committee .

1st tee

You’re teeing off at one of the most famous courses in the world, so a few nerves are to be expected. Try to relax and focus on keeping the ball low and central; you actually don't want to get too close to the green with your first shot. The Old Course will try to lull you into a false sense of security with its seemingly straightforward first hole. The fairway is wide but if you're downwind you’ll end up too close to the green from your first shot, leaving a tricky second shot before you're even warmed up. The Swilken Burn is waiting to steal your ball if you misjudge the shot, so give yourself room for maneuver and leave your ball in the widest part of the fairway. You’ll thank us for this later!

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Thu, Jan 6 2022 5:57 AM

pmm711:
    I even said we needed a virtual scuba diver like back in 2012.  

This one from Rae's Burn

See the source image

• el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Thu, Jan 6 2022 7:15 AM

Please read up on your loved or hated sponsor apparel, WGT does offer a virtual ball retreiver in the form of a set bonus for wearing foxwinds gear.   Wearing l9 with set bonus earns you a 60% chance of getting a ball back.  Maybe the same odds you retrieve a ball on some courses without getting wet.

Yes it is possibly the least desirable club improvements which is likely by design knowing few would opt for hybrid club enhancements because very few carry the hybrid club.  Fewer are interested it increasing wedge yadages that may already be dialed in.  

So yes, they may have heard the appeal of a virtual ball retreiver, but they offer it in one of the most undesirable ways possible. 

• Cicero733
    2,293 Posts
    Thu, Jan 6 2022 9:14 AM

Or in a tailwind, hit an apparel enhanced driver punch. The ball will travel slightly more than 300 yds with no danger of hitting the water usually leaving you a punch shot to the front pin or a 64° wedge in to the back pin.

• PAGES
RSS