Forums

Help › Forums

Re: PRODUCT PURCHASE FOR FREE CREDITS - FAIL

rated by 0 users
Tue, Oct 31 2023 2:56 PM (2 replies)
  • Microronscott
    1 Posts
    Tue, Jan 4 2022 8:37 AM

Going into the Xmas holiday weekend, on 12/23, I was solicited by WGT with various opportunities to make a product purchase for 2X free credits.  I opted for "OLAY" products, which required me to spend a minimum of $100 for 49,000+ free credits.  I executed this, spent $132, paid via my PayPal account, and that's where everything stopped. 

1.  No credits.

2.  No record of the transaction....though it does show that I made the choice and it is "in process".....whatever that means.

3. WGT was zero help and referred me to something called "tapjoy".  I have no idea what this is, or how it is linked as I simply followed the opportunity on the WGT web site.  I have no idea how it's linked or networked.

4.  "Tapjoy" has been of no help.  I supplied a screen shot of my purchase/choice, noting that it lists it as initiated and in process.  I requested advise and guidelines on how to re-execute this as necessary....AS THE PROMOTION NO LONGER IS LISTED!  They have been of no help - either replying with boiler-plate / form language or ignoring my description of the event.  It's pretty basic and self explanatory.  IE. - correct YOUR error, or instruct me on how to re-initiate my acceptance of the promotional offer I was solicited for.

This could be construed as fraud and false advertising.  If I don't receive satisfactory follow-up, I will examine my legal resource. 

• HamdenPro
    2,402 Posts
    Tue, Jan 4 2022 5:19 PM

Microronscott:
      I opted for "OLAY" products, which required me to spend a minimum of $100 for 49,000+ free credits. 

In what manner did you make your purchase? By following the links through the app or going to the Oil of Olay site directly?

If you accessed the site through the mobile app, after purchasing, by going back, by using the "back" key, to your opening screen, the credits should have been awarded right away. I did the same thing, but I used a VEMNO card (used as a credit card) and my credits were awarded immediately.

Microronscott:
    WGT was zero help and referred me to something called "tapjoy"
    Microronscott:
    "Tapjoy" has been of no help

Tapjoy runs the promotions, but WGT process the credits. I would stick with emails to members@worldgolftour.com.  If you can, attach a copy of your proof of purchase, showing date and amount. Let them know that tapjoy is ignoring you. With enough pressure, you will get your credits. You may want to mention that you will send an email to Oil of Olay customer service to advise them of the situation.

It is also possible, there is a delay in awarding credits when payment is made through PayPal, I would not know having never used PayPal for any online purchases other than Ebay years ago.

• Tubeer
    1 Posts
    Tue, Oct 31 2023 2:56 PM

The Olay promotion is listed again

RSS