Help › Forums

Re: TO BOT OR NOT, THAT IS THE QUESTION

Sun, Jul 17 2022 11:05 AM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • gonfission
    2,229 Posts
    Sat, Jul 16 2022 11:00 AM

PureGro1:
    In other words you can put 1000 locks on your door but if someone really wants in they will break the window next to it.

I personally use a chainsaw, & make my own door...........

Funny story... Johnny Carson back in the 70's had a window salesman on. While explaining the top notch security of said windows, the phone rang.

A criminal had broken into the house, he saw the guy on TV & decided to call him & tell him his windows had a design flaw.

They patched the call through. Burgler talked to the owner, & asked if they wanted to know how he subvertd the windows security features

"OF course" we want to know....

The answer was,,,,,,, "I picked up a piece of wrought iron furniture off the lawn & through it through the window"......................

Laughter ensued uncontrollably

True or not, it just goes to show you, security is up to you, not gadgets.........

• ct690911
    7,194 Posts
    Sat, Jul 16 2022 11:31 AM

PureGro1:

pdb1:
    The question still is whether they can detect and prevent members from these actions

Juice is not worth the squeeze.

The person with nefarious or bad intent, has much more time to find a way around any measure taken. In other words you can put 1000 locks on your door but if someone really wants in they will break the window next to it. The best you can hope for is enough measures to keep honest people honest.

Something similar ^^^ was a favorite saying of my Father. Same point and so true !!

• HamdenPro
    2,408 Posts
    Sun, Jul 17 2022 11:05 AM

gonfission:
    Funny story...

Dang, I love reading your post.

• PAGES
RSS