Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Multi Accounts for Showdowns & such

Fri, Jan 21 2022 3:58 PM (37 replies)
  • Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Wed, Jan 5 2022 7:07 AM

Generally to win in the Veteran group you have to post at least a -18 and it's usually a -19 or -20.

There was one time i had a -21 and there was only one player left with about 3-4 hours to play that had a shot at it.. he ended up tieing me and he won on whatever tiebreaker they use. 

for the most part it requires some luck to get the right winds in order to make some par 4s driveable and the par 5s reachable in two.  a random hole out helps out a ton as well. 

in general hurricane winds on st andy and chambers and RSG will hurt you. however if can get lucky with the right tail winds  on the right holes it can make the difference.  

Top 20 is usually a -16 or better maybe as low as -15 will do it.

also it depends on the bracket that you're in. Some groups will win with a -18 and others it takes a -21. 

i usually don't look at the score i need. I prefer to not know. -20 is doable but odds aren't great. pray for good winds.

I'll play tonight if i have time.

• DuFussMcGoo
    2,867 Posts
    Tue, Jan 11 2022 11:20 PM

HamdenPro:
    his amateur is in a club, The owner of the club, having 4 members has the same name as the amateur, the only difference is the amateur has the number 2 after the name. The owner is a Legend.

Send his name to me please.

• DuFussMcGoo
    2,867 Posts
    Tue, Jan 11 2022 11:23 PM

Mythanatos:
    i usually don't look at the score i need. I prefer to not know. -20 is doable but odds aren't great. pray for good winds.

Mythanatos, you are in a tier that's "way" outside my abilities!

• LeftyMcGee7
    449 Posts
    Wed, Jan 12 2022 1:37 AM

Just two cents worth of Rookie - Veteran - Expert.

WGT should pigeon hole us. 

TL & up = Expert 

Master & up = Veteran

Remnants = Rookie

I chuckle each time I'm paired with a TL or higher with Rookie badges.

My CC right hand man and I got Legend tees early to make the game harder. We play Veteran to make the game harder. 

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Wed, Jan 12 2022 6:55 AM

DuFussMcGoo:

Mythanatos:

Mythanatos, you are in a tier that's "way" outside my abilities!

wedge game around the green. I use flop mostly. others use pitch. whatever you use get precise with it. as in if you're less than 30 yards your goal should be 2-3 feet max from pin.

punch shot for 50 yards and less. dial those in. 5 feet and less should be the goal. with 3 feet and less preferable. Learn how much backspin to counteract tail winds on the punch shots.

sand shots. should basically get up and down just about every time. Exceptions being when make a course management mistake.

which brings up course management. certain greenside bunkers with certain pin placements are absolutely a must to avoid. just can't hit it close to the pin due to a sloping green away from you and a short distance to the pin.

then of course just have to get good at dialing in the irons in various winds.  the better your ADP the more putts you'll make.

• PureGro1
    1,656 Posts
    Wed, Jan 12 2022 10:12 AM

LeftyMcGee7:

Just two cents worth of Rookie - Veteran - Expert.

WGT should pigeon hole us. 

TL & up = Expert 

Master & up = Veteran

Remnants = Rookie

I chuckle each time I'm paired with a TL or higher with Rookie badges.

My CC right hand man and I got Legend tees early to make the game harder. We play Veteran to make the game harder. 

Pretty well said, I like the idea of forcing into expert- Ive done it twice and both times there were very few players and it made the cut line so low...

Yes- playing TLs, Champs and Tour Champs with rookie badges is weird.

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Wed, Jan 12 2022 11:03 AM

the problem with expert is if there are less than 50 players they should all make it to the final round. 

They cut it by half each time though.

so if start with 20 then it's 10 then 5 for the final round.

if only start with 10 then it's 5 and 2.

Makes no sense to play in expert the way it's currently set up.

• DuFussMcGoo
    2,867 Posts
    Fri, Jan 21 2022 3:58 PM

in the tournament now in progress called NORTHERN LIGHTS SHOWDOWN, I counted the number of (maybe?) CHEATERS who "made it" to the Elimination round.

There were 5. 2 were HACKS and 2 were AMATEURS. Just how could I tell they were cheaters? If they are in the Elimination round they made it through the Qualifying round so they had to shoot even par to be in the top 50. Could they do it? Maybe.

But the funny thing is, these potential cheaters have not played yet.

It seems the best way to cheat is to wait until the last few hours or so and you won't be caught.

The cut off for the top 50 right now is -1 with 17 hours to go.

I'm watching......closely.

RSS