Forums

Help › Forums

Android App on a Chromebook

rated by 0 users
Mon, Feb 13 2023 6:07 PM (1 replies)
  • BGA2017Champion
    8 Posts
    Wed, Dec 29 2021 7:03 AM

When I first started WGT, I played the Android app on my Chromebook (much nicer than the flash version). I then moved to using my cheap 8 core Android phone and found the game play smoother and it improved my timing. But, I am getting my ass kicked by club members using Apple devices.

I bought myself a larger, more responsive Chromebook hoping the giant screen would improve my ability to ding the meter, but I found that I was now playing in the Jerky Meter club (not the actual WGT country club, but my own private hell).

I resized the game, rebooted (launching no other apps) but I always find the graphics jumpy. I am assuming something in the ChromeOS emulation allowing Android apps to run on x86 processors migth be the problem and my mid range Chromebook is not sufficient.

Is anyone successful running on a Chromebook and what is your forumla for success?

• nadjetdrew
    2 Posts
    Mon, Feb 13 2023 6:07 PM

The ChromeOS emulation may be causing the graphics to be jumpy. It might be worth reaching out to the WGT support team to see if they have any suggestions on how to improve the performance.
    You could also try tweaking the graphics settings within the app to see if that helps. If you have any other apps running in the background, it might also be worth closing them to see if that makes a difference.
    It might also be worth checking if there are any updates available for your Chromebook that could help improve the performance. And I also recommend checking out Smart Engines OCR SDK if you want to easily recognize text from the pictures.

RSS