Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Winds

Sun, Dec 26 2021 12:00 AM (5 replies)
  • Kellkol10
    112 Posts
    Sun, Dec 19 2021 5:38 AM
    Being relatively new to this game wondering how, when you can unlock the wind options in the solo ranked and challenge games. It says “moderate” winds, 15-25 mph to me is a little more than moderate, in my real life golf I would probably sit in the clubhouse wait a bit :) Having difficulty improving, any advice Thanks :)
  • SamSpayed
    4,895 Posts
    Sun, Dec 19 2021 1:54 PM

Kellkol10:

Being relatively new to this game wondering how, when you can unlock the wind options in the solo ranked and challenge games. 

You can't, if you play a ranked or challenge game.  You can only set the various options if you use Practice mode.

Kellkol10:

Having difficulty improving, any advice Thanks :)

1. Keep reading the Forums.  Lots of great advice here.
    2. Consider making some friends and playing multi-player rounds with them.  They can answer questions and give advice to you during your rounds.
    3. Consider joining a country club.  Lots of great country clubs advertise in Country Club Corner.  Read through some of the recruiting posts there and join one that appeals to you.  If you find you don't like the one you joined, you can always leave and join another one.  

Good luck!

• Tabarnak777
    168 Posts
    Sun, Dec 19 2021 9:11 PM

Some courses have natural high winds and the other have lower winds. St-Andrews, St-Georges, Chambers and Pebble have natural high winds, for example.

• Kellkol10
    112 Posts
    Tue, Dec 21 2021 2:12 PM
    Thanks
  • Kellkol10
    112 Posts
    Sat, Dec 25 2021 3:34 AM
    Thanks
  • Duphpherer
    440 Posts
    Sun, Dec 26 2021 12:00 AM

Join an active country club. They can provide easier ranked conditions.

RSS