Re: Launcher update stuck

rated by 0 users
Thu, Mar 16 2023 1:16 AM (9 replies)
  • DevTryAndError
    4 Posts
    Sun, Dec 12 2021 12:34 PM

Launcher seems can't update anything, just stuck at :

...check for updates... 

i leave for 1 hour and nothing change, i did clean uninstall and reinstall (check in regsitry too but no wgt reg in there after uninstall, it seem automatic deleted now), but it doesn't seem to work, check my internet speed 21mbps download, 7mbps upload (i think that's fine), i turn off antivirus and windows firewall too.

Windows 10 64bit (i try install it in ProgramFiles, instead ProgramFiles x86 like installer suggested, but not working too)

so what i have to do now?

• ScottHope
    10,012 Posts
    Sun, Dec 12 2021 1:55 PM

I would try this...

Navigate your way here...

C: \ Program Files (x86) \ Topgolf \ WGTLauncher

...and locate the folder named golf, then rename it, perhaps golf1 or something like that. Then run the launcher again.

If the game update installs successfully, go back into the WGTLauncher folder and delete the golf1 (or whatever you named it) folder. 

• DoctorLarry
    4,275 Posts
    Sun, Dec 12 2021 7:52 PM

HI Scott -

My Launcher has not been working properly for weeks but I had been able to run the golf.exe in the subject folder and then resize it - until today.

I tried renaming the folder as you described and the Launcher did create a new "golf" folder.  I can run the .exe in that folder for now but it still opens it in a full-screen window and then resizes to a tiny one on my other monitor.  The good ole' "resizer: ahk fixes it, though!

• DevTryAndError
    4 Posts
    Sun, Dec 12 2021 10:48 PM

hmm.. that's weird, i don't have that folder in my installation dir

• ScottHope
    10,012 Posts
    Mon, Dec 13 2021 1:25 AM

I would suggest a reinstall for both of you.

Doc, running the game by golf.exe is okay, but you won't get any updates that way. But I'm glad to hear that the resizer is working for you.  ; ) 

• DevTryAndError
    4 Posts
    Mon, Dec 13 2021 2:52 AM

golf folder didn't comes with installer, it is created after update complete, so i can't do your suggestion dude because i can't event complete the update process, i try play through steam but no luck too, maybe it's a sign i have to forget this game hahaha

• ScottHope
    10,012 Posts
    Mon, Dec 13 2021 3:15 AM

Search throught the apps on your PC, you should find WGT Launcher. Uninstall that then follow the rest of my instructions.

• DevTryAndError
    4 Posts
    Mon, Dec 13 2021 3:33 AM

dozen times i uninstall and reinstall, that is not the problem.

i solve this issue, by run compatibility troubleshooter, but before i run that i change advanced properties "run as administrator" from uncheck to check value. thanks for your assist.

• ScottHope
    10,012 Posts
    Mon, Dec 13 2021 4:44 AM

Okay bud, I did what I could.  ; )

• rachelgomez123
    23 Posts
    Thu, Mar 16 2023 1:16 AM

To fix various Windows problems, we recommend Restoro PC Repair Tool:

This software will repair common computer errors, protect you from file loss, malware, and hardware failure and optimize your PC for maximum performance. Fix PC issues and remove viruses now in 3 easy steps:

Download Restoro PC Repair Tool with Patented Technologies.

Click Start Scan to find Windows issues that could be causing problems.

Click Repair All to fix issues affecting your computer’s security and performance.

Regards,

Rachel Gomez

RSS