Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Still Missing Email

Tue, Nov 8 2022 4:44 PM (46 replies)
  • BPeterson8256
    2,907 Posts
    Sun, Dec 12 2021 2:25 PM

And I just realized... Today I turned notifications for receiving free credits back on, expecting 75 email for watching videos like I got before turning it off. I did not receive any. So although I don't want those email to begin with, that is another one that is not working.

• BPeterson8256
    2,907 Posts
    Mon, Dec 13 2021 6:19 AM

ScottHope:

I'm ticked off and I bet BP is too, lol.  ; )

So for the next week or so, I am going to change email daily and see if that does anything. Today I closed everything I had open from WGT, unclicked all email, saved changes, and then exited the browser. When I returned, I clicked to receive all email options, changed my email, saved changes and exited the browser. On the bright side, those of us not getting email won't be annoyed by my multiple posts here. 😂🤣

Question? Where can you make theses changes in game. I searched but could not find a place to try this in game.

BP

⬇ and I clicked  Email me replies to this post  ...as always

• ScottHope
    10,086 Posts
    Mon, Dec 13 2021 1:10 PM

BPeterson8256:
    Question? Where can you make these changes in game.

I'm not sure there is a way BP.

• BPeterson8256
    2,907 Posts
    Tue, Dec 14 2021 6:38 AM

I give up. I have changed back and forth so many times I can't even remember who I am. I will add the following note to WGT though.

WGT, if any of you ever read this, the problem that many players have not receiving email started with the 2nd to last update in June. I know this for sure because at the time I was part of a post that would have multiple posts per day. I was receiving at least a dozen email per day. And it all stopped with that update.

Please at least try to fix this. 

Tiewaz:

BPeterson8256:
     I am still not getting any email from replies to posts. Am I the only one having this issue?

You're not the only one experiencing this issue Brett.

The replies stopped coming into my email account, after the last update.

Cheers,

Waz.

It is also obvious that many players have had this issue even before that update. I am no expert, but WGT, have you tried unplugging everything and then plugging it back in?

• BPeterson8256
    2,907 Posts
    Wed, Dec 15 2021 9:49 PM

ScottHope:

BPeterson8256:
    Does anyone have any other work around ideas since it looks like WGT is either unaware or unable to fix the issue? Scott? 🤞  WGT?

I've had this problem too for far too long. I'm sure I tried the email address change thing without success, but I might give it another go. It really is annoying not getting notifications for subscribed threads and messages WGT. 😠

EDIT : Done, let's wait and see...

Hey Scott, I started receiving post replies for the Downtime Tonight post. Hopefully, I'll get this one too. I think it might actually be fixed for me. I don't think it's anything I did. I think it comes with the other things they have been trying to fix since the update.

BP

• ScottHope
    10,086 Posts
    Thu, Dec 16 2021 1:10 AM

Yup, I received a bunch of emails this morning too. Shame that it takes so long to fix things like this but looking good so far. Thanks WGT.  ; )

• ScottHope
    10,086 Posts
    Mon, Jan 3 2022 1:54 AM

UPDATE :

I only had a few emails through from WGT after they posted that they had moved to a new email system, but that soon dried up and I went back to getting nothing.

Today I logged into my email account online, not something I do regularly because emails are supposed to come through to my PC mail app, and I found 99+ emails from WGT in my spam folder! I marked the sender (WGT) as not spam and a safe sender (again!) and ended up with over 450 emails from WGT in my inbox. 😆

Be careful what you wish for folks.  : ))

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Wed, Jun 22 2022 11:56 AM

BPeterson8256:

Has anyone figured out how to start getting email notifications again? I know myself and many others quit getting email with the 2nd to last update from last June. For me, I am only missing notifications from posts, forum posts, wall posts, and messages from friends. I still get round reminders and news from WGT. 

I saw someone recommend switching email and then if that works switch back. I tried that and it did not work for the new email or when I switched back. Does anyone have any other work around ideas since it looks like WGT is either unaware or unable to fix the issue? Scott? 🤞  WGT?

That always worked for me but  it may only have worked for yahoo email addresses 

RSS