Forums

Help › Forums

WGT Tour Talk

rated by 0 users
Sat, Dec 18 2021 11:28 AM (21 replies)
  • BPeterson8256
    2,903 Posts
    Sun, Dec 5 2021 6:29 AM

The sun is setting, you just finished your round, and now you are getting interviewed by Amanda Balionis... Welcome to WGT Tour Talk. This post has been created for those who want to talk about the round of golf that they just played. Players can come here to brag about their triumphs, near misses, or even to talk about the frustration of the round they just blew. 

PLEASE keep this a positive post. This is not the place to complain about WGT or act out against others who post here. It is the place to talk all the golf you want. Because let's face it, none of your friends at home want to hear about your 23' eagle putt that won you the tournament. If you comment about someone else's post, keep it positive.

Cheers,  BP

• craigswan
    30,834 Posts
    Sun, Dec 5 2021 8:34 AM

After ten years here hitting starter balls i made tour legend with an average of 60 .

I was proud of that and thought never will i go any higher .

Then came along this new game version and my putting got really bad .

Couldn't sink a putt to save myself and my average went up to 72 .

But somehow i persevered and eventually i mastered the art .

Now down to 66 and giong for champion .

GOLF - Amanda Balionis 2 GIF

• sammey1
    679 Posts
    Sun, Dec 5 2021 9:50 AM

I whacked it good on the Torrey RG with a 55. Was just getting in a daily round and lots of shots went underground. I'll take it.

• BPeterson8256
    2,903 Posts
    Mon, Dec 6 2021 6:17 AM

sammey1:

I whacked it good on the Torrey RG with a 55. Was just getting in a daily round and lots of shots went underground. I'll take it.

GR8 way to get this post started... 55 for the WIN!!! If only all our rounds went that way.

I just finished WK 50 Champion Tournament ...in disappointing fashion. Standing on the 17th tee at -14 with a legit chance of posting a 55 at Pebble Beach, I lose focus long enough to strike the wrong side of the ding with a heavy crosswind. A poorly played pitch out of the 40-50 rough and two putts later my round is blown as I walk away with the bogey on 17. I go overboard with caution on my approach to 18, leaving myself a long putt for eagle. Another two putt left me walking off the course at -14 (58) UGH! 

• sammey1
    679 Posts
    Mon, Dec 6 2021 10:06 AM

BPeterson8256:

I just finished WK 50 Champion Tournament ...in disappointing fashion. Standing on the 17th tee at -14 with a legit chance of posting a 55 at Pebble Beach, I lose focus long enough to strike the wrong side of the ding with a heavy crosswind. A poorly played pitch out of the 40-50 rough and two putts later my round is blown as I walk away with the bogey on 17. I go overboard with caution on my approach to 18, leaving myself a long putt for eagle. Another two putt left me walking off the course at -14 (58) UGH! 

Still a very good round in those conditions. Nicely done.

• DufferJohn7
    3,561 Posts
    Mon, Dec 6 2021 1:19 PM

Laughing at Brett,  -14 (58) ugh! 

If I shot that I'd be buying drinks in the clubhouse.  All depends on your perspective.  On the other hand being critical of your game no matter how well you play opens the door to improvement. 

But I will remember to ask for at least 4 strokes a side whenever we play. 

Have fun and hit em straight, 

John 

• DufferJohn7
    3,561 Posts
    Wed, Dec 8 2021 1:47 PM

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times. 

Wk 50 Champion Tourney,  Pebble Beach. Moderate wind, C14 greens. 

Front nine eagle, 6 birdies, 2 pars.  Eagle putt on #2 lipped out,  double eagle approach on #6 stopped a foot short,  and birdie putt on #9 lipped out.  But a very nice 28.

Celebrated and took a bathroom break. 

Back nine,  birdie,  6 pars, 2 bogeys. Only birdie was #18. 37 coming in for a disappointing 65. 

Lesson learned,  never take a bathroom break when you're playing well! 

Have fun and hit em straight, 

John 

• BPeterson8256
    2,903 Posts
    Sat, Dec 11 2021 1:23 PM

The near miss • SOS Golf Tour

The agony of the near miss. Playing the back 9 of the Wk 50 Open I let a tee shot get away from me, and although it looks like fairway, it is 30-40 rough 190 yards out. The only blemish (par) on my back 9 card took away what would have been the clubhouse lead. 

How is everyone else's golf this week?

BP

• Cicero733
    2,291 Posts
    Sat, Dec 11 2021 5:21 PM

Got lucky a couple of weeks ago in a TL ranked round on WC back 9. Carded a 22. Eagled 12, 13, 14, 17, 18. Birdie for the rest. Could not believe my luck on 14 where I holed a 80 or so yard approach. Will never happen again. Once in a lifetime.

• BPeterson8256
    2,903 Posts
    Sun, Dec 12 2021 8:17 AM

Cicero733:

Got lucky a couple of weeks ago in a TL ranked round on WC back 9. Carded a 22. Eagled 12, 13, 14, 17, 18. Birdie for the rest. Could not believe my luck on 14 where I holed a 80 or so yard approach. Will never happen again. Once in a lifetime.

That is an awesome round!!! If only we could always play like that.

The WGT King's Cup

This is my favorite tournament WGT has ever had. If you are not playing it weekly, you should start. Playing four 18 hole single play rounds in 4 days is a complete change in mentality from any other WGT tournament. It is so difficult to play through those bad holes or bad rounds, knowing that you are probably out of contention. And that is where a lot of the fun is, trying to overcome adversity and seeing how much you can move up the leaderboard.

A big part of my current excitement is admittedly the very strong final I just posted. After a sluggish start at Pebble and Bethpage on Thursday and Friday, I had some breaks go my way and finished at Kiawah and Pinehurst on the weekend with a pair of 54s, which is about as good as I can play. That gives me the lead in the clubhouse for a minute, but I am sure it will be pushed down the leaderboard a few spots by the end of the day. Still, a strong finish is always fun no matter what the outcome is.

RSS