Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Fair Play GC Closing - We're Looking for a New Club to Join

Wed, Dec 8 2021 12:38 PM (20 replies)
  • Dubfore
    4,348 Posts
    Sun, Dec 5 2021 3:37 AM

Why do people complicate simple things?

I don't want to run all the tournaments as before. I don't want to be in charge, just a director.

There was over 40 tournaments a month in our club that I set up, I won't have the time for that commitment. Nobody in our club wants to take it over, and 20-30 in the new club plus a possible 25 more adds up to over 50.

• Dneirf
    417 Posts
    Sun, Dec 5 2021 6:54 AM

• PureGro1
    1,654 Posts
    Sun, Dec 5 2021 7:26 AM

Dubfore:

Maybe, Just maybe they were trying to be helpful and offer a suggestion or two you had not considered.

How exactly did this complicate anything? (rhetorical question)

• Slimjim001
    1,023 Posts
    Sun, Dec 5 2021 7:44 AM

"Why do people complicate simple things?" Critics tend to think that the only good idea is their idea. They think the world would be a better place if they were the only one in it.

• thesupernova
    7,330 Posts
    Sun, Dec 5 2021 1:35 PM

Take a peek at The Best Of The Alliecats.

I've made it a point to keep our club small . We're about quality 

Not quantity.

Participation has gradually gone down

I'm always open to people that innovate  & challenge .

I do have a couple of director spots open so if you're interested send me a message .

Happy Holidays ,everyone !

Allie

• jacktrade51
    10,831 Posts
    Mon, Dec 6 2021 6:30 PM

I sent you a friends invite.  I think we are a fit for your members but that is much as I will say in public.

We do not fit the small club criteria, but otherwise it works, and we can take in all of your active members, which seems to be almost all of them.

Tom.

• LeftyMcGee7
    449 Posts
    Tue, Dec 7 2021 3:48 AM

Dubfore:

Because of work commitments next year, I won't have the time needed to run the FPGC the way I've been doing for a number of years.

Over the next few weeks, I'll be looking for another well run club to join.  

There's currently 25 members at the FPGC and most if not all are willing to sign up to the new club that I recommend.

*Ideally I'd prefer a club with no more than 30 members (all high tier if possible).

*Has lots of participation with fee and free tournaments.

*Will have me as a director and allow me to run the Calendar Tournaments competition I've enjoyed at the FPGC.  More info about this on request.

Cheers, Dubfore.

We fill all your criteria. We use Discord App to text during Clashes and such. You're free to join our server to ask any questions.

Keep it in the "Family" my brother ;)

May the road rise up to meet you!

• PureGro1
    1,654 Posts
    Tue, Dec 7 2021 8:41 AM

Slimjim001:
    Critics tend to think that the only good idea is their idea.

Well it was posted for public consumption- I dont think anyone sought him out to be a critic. What you describe is someone who cant/wont take advice critical or not, How hard is it to just say "Thanks for the suggestion" and move on...

When asking a question we should not listen to only the answers we want to hear...IMO 

• Slimjim001
    1,023 Posts
    Tue, Dec 7 2021 3:51 PM

Ya, I might have over reacted but it didn't appear to me that he was asking for advice or opinions. It looks to me like he had thought it through and although it might not have been the way I would have handled it didn't mean it wasn't a good plan.  Anyway, I didn't intend to start an arguement. It clearly frustrated him. My apology.

• Dubfore
    4,348 Posts
    Wed, Dec 8 2021 5:12 AM

Dubfore:

I don't want to run all the tournaments as before. I don't want to be in charge, just a director.

There was over 40 tournaments a month in our club that I set up, I won't have the time for that commitment. Nobody in our club wants to take it over, and 20-30 in the new club plus a possible 25 more adds up to over 50.

This is why I made the 'simple things' comment.

If people had read my post correctly, they wouldn't have made assumptions.  Having said that,  thanks for the positive contributions.

I've had contacts from a number of clubs, and a couple are looking very positive.

Cheers,  Dub.

RSS