Re: who will have the last word .

Mon, Jan 24 2022 4:23 AM (504 replies)
  • craigswan
    22,784 Posts
    Sat, Dec 4 2021 1:53 AM

• craigswan
    22,784 Posts
    Sat, Dec 4 2021 10:05 AM

Any man who reads too much and uses his own brain too little falls into lazy habits of thinking..

it's  more  a matter of people doing a lot less reading & a lot more social media .

feel better now about my terribly inconsistent reading habits..

Social Media 1 Hour GIF

• craigswan
    22,784 Posts
    Sat, Dec 4 2021 10:10 AM

The pathologist who performed the autopsy on Albert Einstein stole his brain and kept it in a mason jar for twenty-three years..

The Masons have long claimed him as one of their own, which explains the jar; but I have never seen any evidence that he was really a member. .

Some mornings I feel that's happened to me...

Einstein's brain

• craigswan
    22,784 Posts
    Sat, Dec 4 2021 10:14 AM

Although Mercury is closer to the sun, Venus’s dense atmosphere makes it hotter by about 40°C on average..

Do Covid restrictions apply if I book a holiday..

40 degrees hotter than Mercury's day side? Because "on average" Mercury's temperature includes both it's day half (hot) and night half (very cold)..

Terra earth sun GIF on GIFER - by Brabor

• craigswan
    22,784 Posts
    Sat, Dec 4 2021 10:20 AM

Something to think about when you put your Christmas decorations up..

Are we supposed to send our lights to Cambodia?

If we tell Cambodia to use more electricity then it won't seem like such a serious problem .

The 6.63 billio  kilowatt hours being used just by US Christmas lights is twice Cambodia’s annual usage .

Christmas Lights GIF - Christmas Lights Lights - Discover & Share GIFs

• craigswan
    22,784 Posts
    Sat, Dec 4 2021 11:46 AM

https://giphy.com/gifs/james-franco-g-danny-mcbride-10nw0wnweUOAA8  2014-10-14T06:05:35-00:00 weekly 0.8  https://media2.giphy.com/media/10nw0wnweUOAA8/giphy.gif james franco g GIF  https://giphy.com/gifs/the-naked-gun-10RRcqEb2kOnyU ...

• SamSpayed
    3,717 Posts
    Sat, Dec 4 2021 8:17 PM

craigswan:
    The pathologist who performed the autopsy on Albert Einstein stole his brain and kept it in a mason jar for twenty-three years.

There was a book written about this.  An interesting, quick read.

Driving Mr. Albert: A Trip Across America with Einstein's Brain

• craigswan
    22,784 Posts
    Sun, Dec 5 2021 1:56 AM

Word of the Day: VERGURKEN (German) — to screw up or ruin something, literally ‘to cucumber [something] up’.

well that's a dilly of a pickle .

I am definitely using the phrase "I've cucumbered it up!"

German uses the same word for pickle and cucumber .

Girl in shop and cucumber

• craigswan
    22,784 Posts
    Sun, Dec 5 2021 8:49 AM

The word ‘bridal’ comes from ‘bride ale’, a traditional wedding feast typically involving ale drinking..

God, I feel like I missed something important on my wedding day..

Seriously. | American funny videos, Funny cartoons, Funny graphics

• craigswan
    22,784 Posts
    Sun, Dec 5 2021 8:55 AM

When Mel Brooks offered the screenplay for ‘The Producers’ to Universal, the studio was willing to accept it on one condition: changing the name of the musical ‘Springtime for Hitler’ to ‘Springtime for Mussolini’, because ‘Mussolini’s nicer’.

Great film!!

Benito Mussolini Il Duce GIF - Benito Mussolini Il Duce Joe Rogan -  Discover & Share GIFs

RSS