Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Degree's of wind

Wed, Jan 19 2022 10:48 AM (61 replies)
  • Yiannis1970
    3,269 Posts
    Fri, Dec 3 2021 5:10 AM

Is there a way to make the above pic transparent and use it on the game? (obviously in window mode)

• ScottHope
    10,086 Posts
    Fri, Dec 3 2021 7:26 AM

Yiannis1970:
    Is there a way to make the above pic transparent and use it on the game? (obviously in window mode)

Yiannis, I'm having a go at making a new image based on that one. Might be successful, might not be, watch this space.  : )

• PureGro1
    1,655 Posts
    Fri, Dec 3 2021 8:44 AM

ScottHope:

Yiannis1970:

Yiannis, I'm having a go at making a new image based on that one. Might be successful, might not be, watch this space.  : )

And they said Hoarding would never pay off....lol

• Yiannis1970
    3,269 Posts
    Fri, Dec 3 2021 8:57 AM

Thank you very much Scott!!! I will!!

I send you a pattern which in my opinion is more simple and useful.

• ScottHope
    10,086 Posts
    Fri, Dec 3 2021 10:32 AM

Oops, guess I should've checked in to look for your response before I went ahead, lol. Anyway, here's my effort. If you want it modified I'll have another go tomorrow, gone a bit boss-eyed today, lol.

I haven't had much success with small images in the past so it may look terrible when scaled down. Still not sure how to overcome that problem.

EDIT : It was a bit easier to modify than I anticipated, aren't layers a wonderful thing.  : )

EDIT 2 : Added another one showing hours instead of minutes.

• Yiannis1970
    3,269 Posts
    Fri, Dec 3 2021 11:18 AM

Perhaps i was not clear enough Scott...my bad.

I know how to make transparent the image using photoshop. The idea though is to make this pic usable with the game...i mean creating this circle and drag it to the wind indication while you are playing. I don't think can be made in .jpg or .png format.

• ScottHope
    10,086 Posts
    Fri, Dec 3 2021 1:07 PM

You did make yourself clear Yiannis, I just went ahead and did the image anyway as it's good for me to keep my hand in with CorelDRAW.

You can use Young46's AHK ruler script to drag the image about the screen, but making it small enough to fit over the wind indicator makes it unreadable. Like I said earlier, I don't yet know how to create small crisp images without using SVG, and I don't know how to use that outside of a browser environment.  : (

• Yiannis1970
    3,269 Posts
    Fri, Dec 3 2021 1:59 PM

No worries pal!!

• Cicero733
    2,293 Posts
    Fri, Dec 3 2021 5:22 PM

Question. I understand the derivation of the values on the outer side of the circle, but what is the value of the interior digits? Are they incorporated into some other type of wind offset calculation? Is there a relationship with their opposing outer values that is useful in wind calculation? First time I have encountered them except possibly way back in in high school math but I am uncertain as to how they are used in determining wind effects.

• HamdenPro
    2,410 Posts
    Fri, Dec 3 2021 9:24 PM

This all looks very impressive. What I do, is hold my right arm up, straight over my head would be 100%, as I move my arm down and to the right or left, I adjust based upon where my arm position would be if I was a clock. Once my direction is adjusted accordingly, I divide the wind strength in half and then hit the ball. It seems to work pretty well.

If calculating this, it would look something like this:

u = my arm * cos(θ) v = ws * sin(θ) where θ is the wind direction using "arm" direction, and ws is the wind speed (ie, the magnitude of the wind vector).

Hope this helps.

EDIT: FYI Post did not appear until Sunday, after 3:00 pm

RSS