Re: Coins instead of apparel

rated by 0 users
Sat, Jan 29 2022 2:56 PM (36 replies)
  • bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Thu, Jan 13 2022 10:49 PM

MioKontic:

DodgyPutter:

While anyone that is a restart is breaking the rules, only entering these tournaments (and not playing other rr's) isn't.  That is what MK thinks he's doing and he may well be right. 

That is exactly what I'm saying.  Take a look at his Showdown results too - 5 top 10 finishes... in the Veteran competition, including a win!  And that's mostly against Champs and Tour Champs!  It is obvious he's staying at the Legend tier in order to scalp all the other Legends.  And who's to say he's not a restarter - no one will know that!

And BossBird - I think you need to learn to count - he does NOT play 15 ranked rounds per month, he has only played 8 ranked rounds since August 2021, 6 of those being premier tournaments for big purses!  In comparison, I do NOT play ANY premium tournaments, only the weekly WGT tournaments, which incidentally he never enters because it would be a ranked round for pittance!

Ever since WGT allowed restarts the game has been brought into disrepute by hundreds and thousands of players who have restarted, and moreso by WGT for allowing them to do it. Like I said above, we dont know if he is a restarter or not, but he obviously knows how to beat the system!

And MioKontic , I think you need to learn to read , I said average !! It’s quite simple maths , but perhaps it’s beyond you.

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Thu, Jan 13 2022 11:02 PM

AlaskanDame:

I’ve noticed in the past couple weeks that I get coins when WGT gives me apparel that I’ve maxed out.   But only my sponsored apparel. E.g.,  If I’m claiming SE sponsorship at the time, I get nothing for continually receiving maxed out Max glove., but I do get coins if I get an already-maxed out SE item.

Hi HD , I always do top golf sponsorship all the time  , but I still get coins on all other maxed out items as well as my top golf ones. 

• MioKontic
    4,587 Posts
    Fri, Jan 14 2022 2:51 AM

bossbird:

And MioKontic , I think you need to learn to read , I said average !! It’s quite simple maths , but perhaps it’s beyond you.

How can he be averaging 15 round per month if he's only played 8 since August 2021???  And if you're looking at total ranked rounds and dividing it by the number of years, that's pointless - as DodgyPutter said, he played as much as possible to get to Legend where you can win decent credits, then he's stopped and only playing premium tournaments for big purses.  He's someone who knows the system and is milking it for all it's worth while WGT sit on their arses and do nothing about tiering these players up.

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Fri, Jan 14 2022 4:23 AM

MioKontic:

bossbird:

How can he be averaging 15 round per month if he's only played 8 since August 2021???  And if you're looking at total ranked rounds and dividing it by the number of years, that's pointless - as DodgyPutter said, he played as much as possible to get to Legend where you can win decent credits, then he's stopped and only playing premium tournaments for big purses.  He's someone who knows the system and is milking it for all it's worth while WGT sit on their arses and do nothing about tiering these players up.

Well at least you now seem to know what an average is ! 
    It sounds to me as though you would get on better taking this up with WGT , you know very little gets picked up on these forums . The guy does not appear to be doing anything wrong he is just playing the system. An average is not pointless it shows that he has over the course of his time on WGT , played ranked rounds.
    I won’t be responding to you any more on this , there is nothing any of us players can do , on here , and sometimes it can just seem like sour grapes. 

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Fri, Jan 14 2022 6:00 AM

MioKontic:
    as DodgyPutter said, he played as much as possible to get to Legend where you can win decent credits, then he's stopped and only playing premium tournaments for big purses.

I didn't say that, and it's unlikely to be true.

I think you mean this:

This bit isn't necessarily about him or a particular person.  What some, especially restarts, do is get to legend and only play the premium tiered credit tournaments, they'd do it in the earlier tiers too but you don't get so many rounds there and the prizes take quite a jump at Legend.

Firstly I specifically distanced it from being specifically about him. How they get to legend I didn't mention, if you want to get to Legend in as few rounds as possible (with rr's as the only method) it'd take about 150 of them which would mean he's played 300 rr's at Legend and that would go against your argument.  There are many here who could explain better than me that wgt do tier up coin players, there are many at legend without playing a single rr.  His "playing as much as possible" could equally have been in coin rooms and he would still be a legend, especially with the performances there that you pointed out.

If he is a restart, allowed by wgt, then it depends what tier he was in the previous account.  As far as I know you're not allowed to enter credit tournaments until you reach your previous tier. I think you should have to reach the tier after, someone could play 499 rounds as a Legend restart and start winning again at round 1 then presumably do the same again.

MioKontic:
    He's someone who knows the system and is milking it for all it's worth while WGT sit on their arses and do nothing about tiering these players up.

This I agree with but you'll find that with a lot here you'll just be told milking the system is simply clever.  Why I do think he's played that number of rr's, is the other part of "being clever" as well as keeping your tier down you want to get to the level where the best clubs are available and maxing out rounds can/could (not sure which) help with this.  I can think of no other reason why having played about 1/20th of the number of rounds I have he should have 4 times the number of others.

MK, I agree it would be better if such stuff didn't happen but it's really no good blaming a player or the players while it's allowed it'll happen.  Wgt need to sort the tiering system, since the new game there seem to be lots of high level lower tier players.  Possibly as they want to make it easier for folk to get equipment but I think they need to make tiering up easier at the same rate, instead it's got harder.

• Robert1893
    7,652 Posts
    Fri, Jan 14 2022 6:10 AM

MioKontic:
    He's someone who knows the system and is milking it for all it's worth while WGT sit on their arses and do nothing about tiering these players up.

So, I'll jump in on the numbers game we're playing.

On the on hand, he's only played 8 rounds since August. But on the other hand, he's "milking it for all it's worth."

To extend the metaphor, having played only 8 rounds, I have to believe he's leaving some milk in the cow. 

I really think any supposed issue here is more apparent than real. 

• PureGro1
    1,654 Posts
    Fri, Jan 14 2022 6:52 AM

• billycash74
    2,074 Posts
    Fri, Jan 14 2022 7:00 AM

MioKontic:

Not harsh at all.  I do not play off the red tees, neither do I score like PrimerLance... in only premium tournaments!!!  In the few ranked rounds he has played he has amassed numerous credits, and has even played with WGT's best in a top tournament.  This is the exact meaning of a sandbagger!

With regards to the 'lowly Legend tier', that is once again amimed at PrimerLance and his apparent abilities.

In future, before replying, do some reasearch... like I did!

dude get a life. you are all over these forums accusing all sorts of people of cheating, sandbagging, multi accounts and whatever else you can be offended by. simple solution for you. QUIT THIS GAME IMMEDIATELY! if you arent happy with how things happen here, LEAVE. nobody makes you come here yet here you are complaining about everything under the sun. do you have any clue how childish you come off to others? just play the game or leave. your complaining wont change a thing.

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Fri, Jan 14 2022 7:09 AM

Robert1893:

MioKontic:

So, I'll jump in on the numbers game we're playing.

On the on hand, he's only played 8 rounds since August. But on the other hand, he's "milking it for all it's worth."

To extend the metaphor, having played only 8 rounds, I have to believe he's leaving some milk in the cow. 

I really think any supposed issue here is more apparent than real. 

I'm so trying to be good but there comes a point when it's difficult.

Remember these Aug and Sept tiered monthlies where he won the 8,000c and 7,000c? There aren't other tournaments like that, he plays more he just doesn't finish them and obviously he can't play more than one a month.   The fact he doesn't play more, rr's etc is what MK is complaining about it does not contradict "milking it for all it's worth".

If you look at the big wins you'll see both were played as late as possible, so late in fact the Aug one is dated the 1st Sept and the Sept one1st Oct (it's to do with the different clocks wgt use for different things).  My interpretation is that is to see what score is needed for top 3 so as not to waste a Legend rr, he quits if he's not going to win a prize. Again on its own it's not against the rules just gaining every advantage he can.  He's by no means alone the Legend tier has quite a few that make various finals even in the etour.

• Robert1893
    7,652 Posts
    Fri, Jan 14 2022 7:29 AM

DodgyPutter:
    The fact he doesn't play more, rr's etc is what MK is complaining about it does not contradict "milking it for all it's worth".

I think it does (i.e., that he doesn't play more rounds where credits are at stake).

We simply disagree. 

RSS