Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Why no 18 hole rounds against Friends?

rated by 0 users
Sat, Dec 4 2021 6:46 AM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • callaghan159
    6,216 Posts
    Tue, Nov 23 2021 2:33 AM

thepack52:
    Mobile came around with top golf, so, go to the Pc and play

+1 lots of complaining from mobile players. PC is easy solution.

• garyk49
    2,311 Posts
    Tue, Nov 23 2021 3:13 AM

The mobile players are starting to see the same things PC players put up with for many, many years.

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Tue, Nov 23 2021 4:52 AM

callaghan159:

thepack52:
    Mobile came around with top golf, so, go to the Pc and play

+1 lots of complaining from mobile players. PC is easy solution.

Hahahahah ! You are having a laugh ! There are pages and pages and pages of complaints from PC players going on for over a year ! 
    I am probably one of the few complaining mobile players here ! Most mobile do t even come to these forums. My complaints are towards WGT for not allowing mobile and PC to play the same games .
    and finally PC is not an easy solution if you don’t have one ! 

• Ketket1
    6,871 Posts
    Sat, Dec 4 2021 5:52 AM

I do think the divide between PC and Mobile has narrowed slightly with the move from Flash to PCEA, albeit there is still a huge way to go. Every 6 months we play an International Cup (USA v Rest of the World) and, for the first time this year, we could have PC v Mobile matches. Unfortunately not match play, unfortunately not 18 holes, unfortunately not able to select the course, but it connected members who hadn't previously played. 

I have both PC and mobile. I started on mobile and that's what I'm comfortable with. Yes I get the random jumping swing meter sometimes, I get the strange balls on the fairway or green that don't belong to anyone, I get limited camera angles. But as a mobile player (and maybe PC players have also had these issues) it's what I've become used to.  Apparel (a lot of PC players in our club also refer to it as magic underpants) is part and parcel of what you get on mobile (and now on PCEA). It only works in Clash and coin games so it really has limited impacted. Like bossbird, I enjoy seeing the different outfits and colour on the course. Some of the outfits have had me in stictches. Originally I thought the apparel upgrades were designed to give really high tier players (who are well last upgrading to the best clubs) the opportunity to add a bit more distance than the longest clubs offer but that's not how it worked out. Eventually everyone will have maximum apparel upgrades and everything is even again  

My biggest gripe with WGT is their seeming unwillingness to try and narrow the gap between PC and Mobile more. Every upgrade seems to have unnecessary changes to the User Interface (changing the font, changing colours of font, slightly changing the layout of certain pages). None of this is necessary. Since PCEA came in at the beginning of this year, I haven't seen any step forward to narrowing the gap between the 2 platforms. If 18 hole matches are available on PCEA, how hard can it be to make them available on mobile. PCEA and Mobile can play 9-hole matches. Why not 18-hole matches.  Why is it so hard to get Alt Shot and Matchplay between PCEA and Mobile. I just think WGT/TopGolf need to focus on 2 or 3 key changes that will bring the 2 platforms closer together and forget all the other irrelevant stuff. We can live with phantom golf balls on the course if we know there is a bigger picture. 

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Sat, Dec 4 2021 6:46 AM

Ketket1:

I do think the divide between PC and Mobile has narrowed slightly with the move from Flash to PCEA, albeit there is still a huge way to go. Every 6 months we play an International Cup (USA v Rest of the World) and, for the first time this year, we could have PC v Mobile matches. Unfortunately not match play, unfortunately not 18 holes, unfortunately not able to select the course, but it connected members who hadn't previously played. 

I have both PC and mobile. I started on mobile and that's what I'm comfortable with. Yes I get the random jumping swing meter sometimes, I get the strange balls on the fairway or green that don't belong to anyone, I get limited camera angles. But as a mobile player (and maybe PC players have also had these issues) it's what I've become used to.  Apparel (a lot of PC players in our club also refer to it as magic underpants) is part and parcel of what you get on mobile (and now on PCEA). It only works in Clash and coin games so it really has limited impacted. Like bossbird, I enjoy seeing the different outfits and colour on the course. Some of the outfits have had me in stictches. Originally I thought the apparel upgrades were designed to give really high tier players (who are well last upgrading to the best clubs) the opportunity to add a bit more distance than the longest clubs offer but that's not how it worked out. Eventually everyone will have maximum apparel upgrades and everything is even again  

My biggest gripe with WGT is their seeming unwillingness to try and narrow the gap between PC and Mobile more. Every upgrade seems to have unnecessary changes to the User Interface (changing the font, changing colours of font, slightly changing the layout of certain pages). None of this is necessary. Since PCEA came in at the beginning of this year, I haven't seen any step forward to narrowing the gap between the 2 platforms. If 18 hole matches are available on PCEA, how hard can it be to make them available on mobile. PCEA and Mobile can play 9-hole matches. Why not 18-hole matches.  Why is it so hard to get Alt Shot and Matchplay between PCEA and Mobile. I just think WGT/TopGolf need to focus on 2 or 3 key changes that will bring the 2 platforms closer together and forget all the other irrelevant stuff. We can live with phantom golf balls on the course if we know there is a bigger picture. 

Well said !

• PAGES
RSS