Help › Forums

Re: M1 MacBook Pros

rated by 0 users
Sat, Jan 14 2023 7:51 AM (18 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Coachcasa
    766 Posts
    Sun, Nov 14 2021 1:41 PM

Is anyone using WGT on one of the new M1 MacBook Pro's?  I'm about to buy one of the new MacBook Pro's and am worried about running WGT on the new m1 processors.  Does it run okay?  Thanks. 

• Starbucks777
    7 Posts
    Tue, Apr 5 2022 7:23 AM

Though your question is quite old, I hope my reply will help you.

I am using a MB Pro 16 M1 and WGT does not work properly on it despite continuous app updates. The settings lack a display option, and the screen is 4:3 ratio, no way to use the chat while you're playing, and so on.

• MalleeHacka
    3,570 Posts
    Tue, Apr 5 2022 6:27 PM

Starbucks,

Are the 'problems' you've described WGT issues or related to MB Pro? I use the same machine as you and find it exactly the same as the previous late 2013 MB Pro I had.

I suspect the issues you mentioned are WGT based problems and not the hardware you're using. Am I right or wrong?

MalleeHacka [Bob]

• Robert1893
    7,651 Posts
    Tue, Apr 5 2022 7:03 PM

If the program is installed from the Apple App store, Starbucks is correct about the limited resolution options. But if downloaded from WGT's website, the program is different.

The app from the App Store only provide "smaller" or "larger" for window size (under preferences) but not an option for changing resolution. If downloaded from the website, there are a number of resolutions to choose from.

I just verified the above by deleting the app (previously installed from the Apple App store) and reinstalling from the WGT website.

I have a MacBook M1 Pro (14-inch; 2021). 

• MalleeHacka
    3,570 Posts
    Tue, Apr 5 2022 7:07 PM

Robert, 

Thanks for the clarification. So it's an issue with the app and not the hardware!

• Robert1893
    7,651 Posts
    Tue, Apr 5 2022 7:10 PM

Yes, that's my take. 

• Robert1893
    7,651 Posts
    Tue, Apr 5 2022 8:46 PM

Here''s what the settings look like when installing from the download on WGT's website:

And here's what the settings look like when installing app from the Apple App store, which is the mobile app.

What I did was install from the download, take a screenshot, and uninstall. Then I installed from the Apple App store and then took those screenshots.

All were on the same computer.

• Starbucks777
    7 Posts
    Wed, Apr 6 2022 1:38 AM

That's all correct!

I removed WGT App downloaded from the App Store and downloaded it again from WGT website.

All works perfectly now, and it seems that the app is not downloadable from the App Store anymore.

Happy Birdies! 

• Tigerpaw509
    1,285 Posts
    Wed, Apr 6 2022 7:34 AM

Works flawlessly on my MBP M1 chip just as it does on my iMac.

• Robert1893
    7,651 Posts
    Wed, Apr 6 2022 7:57 AM

Starbucks777:
    All works perfectly now, and it seems that the app is not downloadable from the App Store anymore.

It is for me.

Regardless, bottom line is: Mac OS version > iOS version.

• PAGES
RSS