Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Why don’t players share mapping sheets?

rated by 0 users
Wed, Apr 12 2023 8:33 AM (8 replies)
  • Markofteja
    251 Posts
    Sun, Nov 14 2021 7:25 AM

Considering how many players play this game, I’ve rarely ever seen someone sharing a mapping sheet. While I understand that different players use different club/ball combos, however there are certain club/ball combos that are fairly popular and you’d think that someone would’ve shared a sheet for those..

Is it just not “a thing” that’s done in the WGT community or is there a repository somewhere that I don’t know about ? 

• HamdenPro
    2,410 Posts
    Wed, Nov 17 2021 1:28 PM

Markofteja:
    I’ve rarely ever seen someone sharing a mapping sheet.

Have you tried asking anyone for one? You could try posting on the forum and see if anyone has one for the club/ball combo you are using. There are some fairly popular combinations. I would suggest simply using the SEARCH box to the right side of the thread and entering "club/ball combo". You will find discussions about combos and mapping in previous threads.

I looked at some before replying to your thread and the best advice I saw was as follows:

the best tip - is to recommend players do a basic mapping on their own and learn what applies for their style of play ie club/ball combo, landing and release or trying to throw the ball to the hole or playing safe back into the fairway - everything else is likely a generalization that may or may not work - especially if they are using apparel and it effects play out of the rough, brush, fescue. etc.."

• KenBTEXAS
    284 Posts
    Wed, Nov 17 2021 11:18 PM

Markofteja:
    I’ve rarely ever seen someone sharing a mapping sheet.

The whole point of mapping your clubs and your balls is learning how your clubs and balls act in your style of play.

If someone else does all of the work for you you don't learn anything. 

• callaghan159
    6,222 Posts
    Thu, Nov 18 2021 2:30 AM

Some people just want some one else to do their work.

KenBTEXAS:
    If someone else does all of the work for you you don't learn anything. 

• CSM111
    119 Posts
    Sun, Apr 2 2023 1:55 PM

well said, I am just looking for a blank form to enter my mapping info on, soon I will be replacing my irons and need to map them again. Does anybody have a blank form, I am sure there are several different layouts and wonder which one works best for a quick reference.

thanks ahead of time here

• Yiannis1970
    3,269 Posts
    Mon, Apr 3 2023 5:09 AM

I will keep saying it till hell freezes...

Map the courses not the clubs.

• MKZMK
    10 Posts
    Mon, Apr 10 2023 1:58 PM

I found a blank 10 column sheet at pinterest works very well. Looks similar to an accountants sheet.

• SamSpayed
    4,898 Posts
    Tue, Apr 11 2023 12:04 PM

CSM111:
    I am just looking for a blank form to enter my mapping info on, soon I will be replacing my irons and need to map them again. Does anybody have a blank form, I am sure there are several different layouts and wonder which one works best for a quick reference.

My 1st thought is:  Couldn't you use whatever form you used for mapping your irons in the past?  Assuming it's a spreadsheet, just make a copy and clear out the mapping for your current irons and start from scratch with your new irons.

My 2nd thought is:  If you're looking for a completely new form / new way of mapping, how detailed do you want to get?  As an example, if you want to get super-detailed, you could map your irons (a) both from the tee and from the fairway, (b) with 100% power, 95%, 90%, 85%, etc., (c) map both carry and roll, and (d) map all of the above for full and punch shots.

I guess it just depends on what you want.

• TomCarioca
    287 Posts
    Wed, Apr 12 2023 8:33 AM

Yiannis1970:

I will keep saying it till hell freezes...

Map the courses not the clubs.

Or even better -  do both!

Map your club/ball combo + map the courses

And - DO IT BY YOUR OWN!

Yes it's helluva work but it's the only way to get to the high hanging fruits ;)

RSS