Forums

Help › Forums

so why is chat on and off been disabled?

rated by 0 users
Fri, Oct 29 2021 10:10 AM (7 replies)
  • Hointar
    7 Posts
    Wed, Oct 27 2021 12:38 PM

I hate the chat box in game flashing all the time, so why can't I turn it off if I want too! Please put back the chat options or you'll lose a player that plays 10 or more matches a day and buys 2 or 3 sleeves of balls a week! It bothers me that much! Thanks

• PureGro1
    1,654 Posts
    Thu, Oct 28 2021 7:48 AM

https://www.wgt.com/forums/t/687677.aspx?PageIndex=1

ScottHope:

Nice to see the chat getting some ingame options. On|Off and individual player blocking.

Scratch that, just played an MP game and didn't see anything different.  : (

EDIT : Oops, doesn't start until 1st November, sorry.  🤭

• MarchieB
    1,524 Posts
    Thu, Oct 28 2021 9:34 AM

Hointar:
    so why can't I turn it off if I want too!

You do know that you have had the option to go into your settings and turn Chat OFF since day one right?

• Hointar
    7 Posts
    Thu, Oct 28 2021 3:52 PM

lol last update removed that option dude atleast on my game it did!

• ScottHope
    10,007 Posts
    Fri, Oct 29 2021 12:43 AM

You did scroll down........didn't you?

• wedge0837
    862 Posts
    Fri, Oct 29 2021 6:57 AM

I have no option to turn off the chat since last update, so it seems that I am being forced into having that extra large chat box that really freezes up constantly. At least I could turn it off and back on to get the dam thing working. 

Useless. Pointless. 

signed, 

Forced to Chat. 

Furthermore after some evaluation..

Turned off Chat in main settings before a game, during game play the chat was completely disabled with no chance of turning it on/off. 

Once again, foiled myself. 

signed, Not Forced to Chat. 

thanks wgt. 

• Hointar
    7 Posts
    Fri, Oct 29 2021 9:41 AM

Well I have solved the issue by using black construction paper and a rolled up piece of scotch tape! I placed a small piece of paper to my monitor screen frame and it blocks the chat box! I now have the option to not chat or chat if I want too! The paper blocks the flashing chat box so you can still check for chat if you want too! Works for me maybe others that dislike the chat box can try this also!

Hointar

• PureGro1
    1,654 Posts
    Fri, Oct 29 2021 10:10 AM

Hointar:

lol last update removed that option dude atleast on my game it did!

wedge0837:

I have no option to turn off the chat since last update, so it seems that I am being forced into having that extra large chat box that really freezes up constantly. At least I could turn it off and back on to get the dam thing working. 

Useless. Pointless. 

signed, 

Forced to Chat.

Reading is Fundamental guys...

https://www.wgt.com/forums/t/687677.aspx?PageIndex=1

RSS