Forums

Help › Forums

Re: stupid questions are only stupid if they are never asked

rated by 0 users
Thu, Oct 28 2021 12:13 PM (7 replies)
  • rkearns469
    25 Posts
    Tue, Oct 26 2021 11:22 AM

What is the blue orb next to the graphic of my (spin ) ball supposed to  be.. I had hoped it was for the face angle of the club. Anyone?

• MarchieB
    1,524 Posts
    Tue, Oct 26 2021 7:22 PM

If you click on the ball it will expand to where you can move the spin dot easier but it will also show you a list of the ball effects that you have and can choose from. I believe the magic wand in the blue orb as you put it is to signify the ball effects. 

• Cicero733
    2,292 Posts
    Tue, Oct 26 2021 8:25 PM

Cannot recall the specifics but I believe the wand is a short cut for a “boost effect” of some sort. Don’t even know if it works anymore. If I recall correctly, you used to click it on and pay so many credits to perform some miracle on your next shot.

• SamSpayed
    4,874 Posts
    Tue, Oct 26 2021 8:35 PM

Cicero733:

Cannot recall the specifics but I believe the wand is a short cut for a “boost effect” of some sort. Don’t even know if it works anymore. If I recall correctly, you used to click it on and pay so many credits to perform some miracle on your next shot.

I think you're thinking of the SLOW METER BOOST, which you can turn ON/OFF in your Settings.

The blue orb is for ball effects, as MarchieB stated.

• billycash74
    2,074 Posts
    Wed, Oct 27 2021 6:51 AM

Cicero733:

pay so many credits to perform some miracle on your next shot.

i am crying tears. hilarious

• rkearns469
    25 Posts
    Wed, Oct 27 2021 11:44 AM

Thank you all for your replies, I had hoped it was for indicating the ball above or below your feet, or perhaps open or closed clubface as either would be helpful, Thoughts?

• MarchieB
    1,524 Posts
    Wed, Oct 27 2021 5:21 PM

rkearns469:
    I had hoped it was for indicating the ball above or below your feet, or perhaps open or closed clubface as either would be helpful, Thoughts?

Other than the type of surface, it doesn't matter where the ball is. There used to be a specific version of the game where it did matter called "Uneven Lies" and the slope of the ground affected shots but that no longer exists and never affected regular play anyway. I don't think there is anything to indicate open of closed face either. You just need to know/figure out that certain types of shots will affect the aim point. For example flop shots play like an open face so need to aim to the pull side.

• rkearns469
    25 Posts
    Thu, Oct 28 2021 12:13 PM

thank-you for that last little tidbit, i so struggle with the short irons

RSS