Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Important Info Regarding Desktop Windows Update

Mon, Nov 22 2021 9:18 AM (140 replies)
  • markinny
    385 Posts
    Thu, Oct 21 2021 3:13 PM

since this last update, my meter jumps and stutters. FED UP!!!!

• KenBTEXAS
    281 Posts
    Thu, Oct 21 2021 8:15 PM

ScottHope:

KenBTEXAS:
    An unwanted border around my window when using Scotts resizer.

I thought that wasn't there before Ken, thanks for confirming my suspicions.

What resizer are you using if I may ask?

Nevermind Ken, I think it may be affecting them all, but just moving the game window by grabbing the title bar or minimizing the game window to the taskbar and back seems to get rid of the border though. That's annoying.

something interesting I had noticed yesterday, but did not test and confirm till just now. The play area is exactly the same size with or without the border. This is also the case no matter the launch method, golf.exe, launcher, or steam. Mine ends up at 1453 pixles. I quit fixing it..

• ScottHope
    10,006 Posts
    Fri, Oct 22 2021 1:08 PM

KenBTEXAS:
    The play area is exactly the same size with or without the border.

Our systems must be a little different because mine wasn't. The overlay I have didn't line up like before so I knew something wasn't right. But tweaking the values in the resizer I use put things back to rights.

• billsmini10
    160 Posts
    Sun, Oct 24 2021 4:27 AM

I cannot play WGT golf anymore. The game loads, I go to solo play and try a practice round.

After I take my first shot, the ball lands in the fairway, then the game crashes to the desktop.

My screen goes black, if I click my screen, it goes to pure white, Then windows asks if I want to wait for program to respond, or shut it down, Waiting does no good, so I eventually shut it down, Over the last few days, I was able to get my consecutive days and give experience to my CC, but I cannot get more than one shot/swing, then the game crashes.

I run Windows 10 on a recent desktop PC

billsmini10

• billsmini10
    160 Posts
    Mon, Oct 25 2021 7:52 AM

I think I remedied my problem. I'll never try to multitask while playing a game in an emu and launching WGT desktop version again. I traced my problem to that day when I tried playing WGT desktop version in a window along side another game in an emu, it crashed windows.

I have since downloaded graphics drivers for my system and reinstalled the drivers, (they are legacy) even though my PC is only 1 1/2 years old.

I suspected something got corrupted in windows when the above occured. So reinstalling the graphics drivers may have solved my problem. 

I played 3 holes this morning without any problems.

Thank you

billsmini10

• ScottHope
    10,006 Posts
    Mon, Oct 25 2021 8:48 AM

Thanks for the update Bill.

• pearljammmmer
    4,268 Posts
    Wed, Oct 27 2021 6:43 AM

Still no additional camera views once off the tee on Kiawah on almost all the holes.

• billsmini10
    160 Posts
    Wed, Oct 27 2021 7:07 AM

I'm back to crashing to the desktop, thought the video card driver reinstall fixed it, but didn't.

I previously used your tips (ScottHope's tips), but that didn't fix my problem.

I'll wait and see if any updates will fix my problem.

Win 10 64bit desktop, Gigabyte Intel B360M Motherboard, Intel i3 CPU, 8 gig DDR4 ram

Thank you,

billsmini10

EDIT: I forgot to add my video card.

VisionTek AMD Radeon HD 5450

• billsmini10
    160 Posts
    Wed, Oct 27 2021 9:55 AM

I just got latest update: 1.71.17.230646_D

St Andrews, I don't remember the hole, 2nd shot to green. Landed on green and the swing meter is missing, then crashed to desktop.

Sorry for bad news.

billsmini10

• ScottHope
    10,006 Posts
    Wed, Oct 27 2021 10:20 AM

Did you get your graphics driver through Windows or AMD Bill?

RSS