Mon, Nov 22 2021 9:18 AM (140 replies)
  • mnb1985
    198 Posts
    Tue, Oct 19 2021 9:11 AM

KenBTEXAS:

I missed this part :-(

"Steam expected to release early next week."

probably why steam WAS still working correctly, no longer... :-(

after spending a few hours AGAIN on this I have got the window sizing where I like it w/o borders. Have not been able to solve the dots on the grid lines tho, they blink on and off at regular intervals. If one could figure out the patern of the blinking I am sure it could be used to count dot speeds. Problem is they are not clear enough for my bad eyes.

for the resizer, I figured out if after you launch golf under options switch from windowed to full screen. When it asks to keep changes or revert if you select revert then resize the window w/o the goofey borders. I did have to adjust the resizer as the windows were NOT the same as pre update. 

they have also removed the settings for ultrawide monitors. I got around this by forcing my gpu to resize the game. If you’ve got an nvidia graphics card, right click desktop, select nvidia control panel and readjust the game that way.

im running a 43” ultrawide with no issues in full screen mode with no blinking dots.

• ScottHope
    10,085 Posts
    Tue, Oct 19 2021 9:46 AM

mnb1985:
    im running a 43” ultrawide with no issues in full screen mode with no blinking dots.

I'd love to see a screenshot from that!

• mnb1985
    198 Posts
    Tue, Oct 19 2021 1:26 PM

I’ll send you one over to tomorrow mate đź‘Ť 

• ScottHope
    10,085 Posts
    Tue, Oct 19 2021 1:35 PM

Thank you mnb. In the meantime I have squished my own WGT window to simulate what it may look like...

...wowza!

⇩ EDIT : Cheers mnb. My pic is 36:10. I'm not totally sure what ultrawide is. ⇩

EDIT 2 : Had a go at making my screen what I think is the same aspect ratio as yours.

• mnb1985
    198 Posts
    Tue, Oct 19 2021 2:59 PM

There you go mate. 1080p @ 60fps

• Sca63
    203 Posts
    Tue, Oct 19 2021 3:54 PM

11 pages (so far) of posts and who knows how many other threads from customers regarding yet another game update by WGT that has gone bad, bad enough that many can't even play the game let alone spend more money here and yet we have absolute dead SILENCE from WGT. 

Simple question to WGT. Would it be too much to ask to remove the last update and try that again down the road when you know the update does not PREVENT customers from playing??

• PatIsTheRat
    5 Posts
    Tue, Oct 19 2021 4:45 PM

Can't play anymore... why does WGT not helping out people?

• scwing1
    35 Posts
    Wed, Oct 20 2021 12:50 PM

I too, am having jumping issues whereas before update , not so much. I will use your recommendations, but one other thing...

Ever since the update, my tried and true methods of calculating distance and windage have gone out the window. Can't even get close it seems.  Struggling to make approach shots now. What about this update would do this, has anyone else seen this effect, and, please, what can I do to correct this??

Thanks!

• Bowl64
    3,085 Posts
    Thu, Oct 21 2021 1:02 AM

Played a few holes on Steam this morning. Is it just me or have they managed to screw up the graphics there too? Dots under the grid and blurry/edgy, that goes for the rest of the graphics too somewhat.

Bjorn

• scwing1
    35 Posts
    Thu, Oct 21 2021 9:55 AM

Thanks MNB! I set the memory priority as you recommended, and it seems to be functioning better, in all regards. :)

RSS