Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Important Info Regarding Desktop Windows Update

Mon, Nov 22 2021 9:18 AM (140 replies)
  • RonCarr
    242 Posts
    Sun, Oct 17 2021 5:28 PM

Launcher still not working.But able to play on Steam,kinda different like there is no daily spin and no way to earn free credits..But i am golfing  

• jacktrade51
    10,882 Posts
    Sun, Oct 17 2021 6:45 PM

I'm using Windows 10/Edge/direct connection to WGT.  I had no problems after they down-loaded the update to me on Thursday (in the middle of the clash).  I did have to restore the screen size just like I was warned, but all worked fine.

Tom.

• Bowl64
    3,085 Posts
    Mon, Oct 18 2021 4:51 AM

Went on Steam yesterday evening and loadingissues there too. Having to "Retry" to load between holes and shots, not good. But the "gravely" graphics from the Launcher was a ok on Steam, the dots not "under" the grid, ex graphics.

Just finished a round on Steam without any problems, haven`t been on the launcher as of today, will try it later.

Bjorn

• Eddie77
    274 Posts
    Mon, Oct 18 2021 12:20 PM

yes mnb i have shadows turned off. the computer i'm using is a HP small form factor, dual core cpu 2.5 ghz, 4 gb ram, 64 bit , graphics is the intel(r) q33 chipset family. any recommendations? other than a new computer that is. if i have to i will though. 

• Bowl64
    3,085 Posts
    Mon, Oct 18 2021 1:41 PM

Eddie77:

yes mnb i have shadows turned off. the computer i'm using is a HP small form factor, dual core cpu 2.5 ghz, 4 gb ram, 64 bit , graphics is the intel(r) q33 chipset family. any recommendations? other than a new computer that is. if i have to i will though. 

Don`t want to scare you but i`ve had to ditch two HP computers to be able to continue playing this friggin game...;-)

Bjorn

• RonCarr
    242 Posts
    Mon, Oct 18 2021 2:38 PM

Now steam is now crashing...Started  the showdown never made it to the tee..10 credits no big deal Leaving on my opponent big deal..And now no way to play..Guess my time is coming to a end..Thanks WGT just saved me 20 a month...

• firemandave05
    270 Posts
    Mon, Oct 18 2021 8:10 PM

After the Steam update I couldn't get the game to load. I deleted the game and downloaded it again and now getting a "Disc Write Error". I deleted Steam and the game again. Downloaded Steam and the game again and get the same error.

Any ideas on how to fix this.

Thanks

• KenBTEXAS
    284 Posts
    Mon, Oct 18 2021 10:04 PM

I missed this part :-(

"Steam expected to release early next week."

probably why steam WAS still working correctly, no longer... :-(

after spending a few hours AGAIN on this I have got the window sizing where I like it w/o borders. Have not been able to solve the dots on the grid lines tho, they blink on and off at regular intervals. If one could figure out the patern of the blinking I am sure it could be used to count dot speeds. Problem is they are not clear enough for my bad eyes.

for the resizer, I figured out if after you launch golf under options switch from windowed to full screen. When it asks to keep changes or revert if you select revert then resize the window w/o the goofey borders. I did have to adjust the resizer as the windows were NOT the same as pre update. 

• firemandave05
    270 Posts
    Tue, Oct 19 2021 9:06 AM

Greetings all.

After the Steam update I have been unable to get the game to play. I have deleted the game and reinstalled it and I am getting this "Disc write error". I have deleted Steam and also reinstalled that and keep getting the same error. Will not open the game.

When I pull my game up in the library I have the green play button. However, when I click on it I get this error.

Any ideas on how to fix?

Worked fine until the update.

Thanks,

Dave

• mnb1985
    198 Posts
    Tue, Oct 19 2021 9:07 AM

Eddie77:

Hi Eddie,

I’ve just run the game on my system I’m using 5.3gb Ram when playing the game. I’m running 128gb ram though so have tonnes of headroom, however, what that tells me is that 5.3gb ram is its optimum ram usage.

RSS