Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Important Info Regarding Desktop Windows Update

Mon, Nov 22 2021 9:18 AM (140 replies)
  • ScottHope
    10,012 Posts
    Fri, Oct 15 2021 1:40 PM

KenBTEXAS:
    An unwanted border around my window when using Scotts resizer.

I thought that wasn't there before Ken, thanks for confirming my suspicions.

What resizer are you using if I may ask?

Nevermind Ken, I think it may be affecting them all, but just moving the game window by grabbing the title bar or minimizing the game window to the taskbar and back seems to get rid of the border though. That's annoying.

• Sca63
    203 Posts
    Fri, Oct 15 2021 3:03 PM

Seems many people having many issues since WGT's update and not much in terms of any news from the WGT folks regarding any resolution leaving all of us to dig thru multiple Forum pages hoping another CUSTOMER has found some magic fix. Well done WGT, well done..... let your customers find their own solution.

• rkburd
    102 Posts
    Fri, Oct 15 2021 3:17 PM

This is what i get when i click on the launcher:

FAILED TO LOAD PLAYER SETTINGS (internal index #0)

most likely data file is corrupted or built with mismatching editor and platform support versions

Anybody know what the hell this means ?

• Ferrit101
    9 Posts
    Fri, Oct 15 2021 4:03 PM

Indeed app wont work at all after the last update and being a computer tech I have tried a lot of other things to make it work like uninstall clean all files reinstall compatibility troubleshooter and lots more. No joy they screwed the pooch thats for sure

• petrieboy
    434 Posts
    Fri, Oct 15 2021 6:23 PM

i clicked on the resolution size to make the game bigger and each time i clicked it got smaller, its now the size of a postage stamp. dont no what to do to get it back, response to nothing. cant play or even see what to do cause its so small. tried reloading launcher but that dont help either. im on windows 7 premium. any ideas?

• Bowl64
    3,083 Posts
    Sat, Oct 16 2021 5:08 AM

- Very slow logging in to the game

- Restarting a round basically impossible

- Had to log in through www.wgt.com after first installing Java to do it

- Game sometimes doesn`t load through the Launcher

- Takes very long time loading through the Launcher if at all

- Plus above mentioned problems after the latest update

- This goes for some cc-members i`ve talked with on our forum.

SIGH!!!

• ScottHope
    10,012 Posts
    Sat, Oct 16 2021 5:25 AM

If the launcher is causing problems, for Windows you can try opening the game by running golf.exe instead.

1. Press the Windows key + r
    2. Type in or copy and paste...
      C:\Program Files (x86)\Topgolf\WGTLauncher\golf\golf.exe
    3. Press Enter or click OK
    To avoid having to do the above every time you want to play, when the game is running, right click on the game's taskbar icon, and select 'Pin to taskbar', and you can launch the game from there with one click.
  • TdotDoba
    2,154 Posts
    Sat, Oct 16 2021 5:52 AM

ScottHope:

If the launcher is causing problems, for Windows you can try opening the game by running golf.exe instead.

1. Press the Windows key + r
    2. Type in or copy and paste...
      C:\Program Files (x86)\Topgolf\WGTLauncher\golf\golf.exe
    3. Press Enter or click OK

Thanks Scott

• MarchieB
    1,524 Posts
    Sat, Oct 16 2021 5:58 AM

- For anyone having major issues after the upgrade.

The first thing I would do is do a "clean" uninstall of the game using ScottHope's instructions and Registry tool. (for Windows Launcher not for Steam)

ScottHope's PCEA / WGT Launcher reinstall and Registry Tool

- Then reinstall the game from a fresh Launcher download.  WGT GOLF Download Link

- If you're just having issues with the App size i would try changing it in the apps options or try using ScottHope's Custom Resize Tool. I personally use this one as it allows you to make the screen size almost any configuration you want. (Windows Launcher App)

- Also, and I know it sounds stupid but if you're having lag or connectivity issues I would try rebooting your modem and allowing it to reset itself. Just unplug the power source for 30 sec and plug it back in and wait a few mins to reboot.

- I also posted this a few pages back but if you're running Win 7 or 8 you should be able to get a Free upgrade to WIN10 from the link in this article.

https://www.zdnet.com/article/heres-how-you-can-still-get-a-free-windows-10-upgrade/

• Bowl64
    3,083 Posts
    Sat, Oct 16 2021 6:18 AM

Thanks Scott :)))

Bjorn

RSS