Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Important Info Regarding Desktop Windows Update

Mon, Nov 22 2021 9:18 AM (140 replies)
  • WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Wed, Oct 13 2021 4:27 PM

Hi everyone, 

The new Windows update is going to release tomorrow (10/14) for Desktop Standalone with Steam expected to release early next week. MacOS users have already received this version. 

This is the first version for Windows users on the upgraded version of Unity. 

Ahead of the release there are two things I'd like to point out:

1. When you update to the latest version your resolution will be reset. You will receive a prompt to change it back to your preferred resolution and choose windowed or full screen. 

If you dismiss this prompt without making changes or make a mistake, you can change your resolution in your game settings by selecting the settlings cog icon in the bottom right of the main menu. Your Video Settings are the first items on the page.

2. The new version of Unity caused some changes to the putting and approach grid. Making this as close to normal as possible is one of the main reasons this version has taken so long to release. It is slightly different in appearance only. The grid lines will appear slightly thicker but it plays identically to version your used to in both Standard and Classic putting modes. 

Thank you for reading. If you have any trouble after updating please let us know. 

_CHAMPION

• K7JBQ
    1,468 Posts
    Wed, Oct 13 2021 4:55 PM

thank you

• opyeuclid
    6,706 Posts
    Wed, Oct 13 2021 5:04 PM

Thank you .

OPY

• tramilleo
    1,868 Posts
    Wed, Oct 13 2021 6:24 PM

Thanks Sir

• twinponds169
    3,018 Posts
    Wed, Oct 13 2021 7:37 PM

Almost 4 hours later and the excitement is just running rampant through the forums,

• Schmails3
    168 Posts
    Wed, Oct 13 2021 9:40 PM

Thanks Champ,

I will never bother you again on live streams if you take me off moderation in the forums, its really a win win 

• Robbob1970
    113 Posts
    Thu, Oct 14 2021 1:24 AM

Well, WGT you have done it again, all my fellow clubmates are having trouble loading their clash games. Looks like my post will be the first of many to come

• wedge0837
    862 Posts
    Thu, Oct 14 2021 3:14 AM

Unity flag error in Clash 161 paper plane error unity 3d 

• Maremeua
    6 Posts
    Thu, Oct 14 2021 3:29 AM

Same for me and some of my club players… only for play CLASH

• Felixthecat05
    69 Posts
    Thu, Oct 14 2021 4:04 AM

As usual with any new release on any platform WGT fail to perform proper testing and QA to ensure the updates do not have an adverse affect on other platforms.

The Clash today is a classic example of WGT’s incompetence.

RSS