Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Buy clubs now or wait? (L90 Legend)

Thu, Oct 21 2021 11:55 PM (13 replies)
  • PAGES
  • wilrik
    26 Posts
    Mon, Oct 11 2021 1:58 AM

Hi guys, I'm a L90 Legend with some credits built up, and I'm looking to buy my (hopefully) last pair of clubs. I mainly want to upgrade my driver, irons and 3 wood. Wedges are already the high level sm7s and I love the MAX control putter (master+)

So my question is, how long will it take to reach the higher levels, and is it worth it to wait untill then to buy clubs at those levels? Currently I'm looking at the L90 p790s, are those worth it to stick with till the end? Also, do you guys have any 3wood/driver advice? I feel like it's taking a really long time to level up now, even though I have a 160 day streak going strong. 

Looking forward to your advice!

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Mon, Oct 11 2021 2:39 PM

L96 is twice the number of L91, and the trend will continue:

Reference table

so choose wisely what to wait for...

• mikegooner0
    13,841 Posts
    Wed, Oct 13 2021 2:55 AM

you will find at level 91,94,96,97,99,100,and 102 there are better clubs than at level 90 .so upgrading now is not advisable because when you do reach those levels you will no doubt want whats best on offer....i would think ....but maybe im wrong....its up to you what you can or want to spend really..if you want clubs to be the last purchase wait until you have the best on offer in the game...

• dhjam1
    577 Posts
    Wed, Oct 13 2021 10:00 AM

Getting to the higher levels will be a grind, but if you are wanting to get your last clubs, then it's worth the wait for  the level 97 Callaway irons, 99 Callaway 3 wood and either the 96, 99 or 102 Drivers

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,468 Posts
    Wed, Oct 13 2021 11:33 AM

wilrik:
    Currently I'm looking at the L90 p790s, are those worth it to stick with till the end?

Yes, they are IMHO.

They used to sell a L90 TaylorMade club set (including a driver, a 3-wood and an iron set) in the pro shop, and the RSi2 iron set in it had the exactly same specs/attributes so P790S also must be as good as the iron sets listed in upper levels if you can handle the relatively fast meter speed. And the good news is the speed can be tamed with slower-meter balls.

I purchased other iron sets beyond L90 only because I liked the design of them or wanted to "waste" credits.

Again, P790S might be the iron set you would ever need. It's that good.

• beerstine
    656 Posts
    Wed, Oct 13 2021 11:59 PM

The L90 irons have all the attributes of top level iron sets with one big exception...a very fast meter.

If you have quick reflexes and consistency near the ding, they have all the accuracy and spin characteristics of the higher level sets.  If not, they will be hard to handle without playing a more expensive ball with a slower meter.

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Thu, Oct 14 2021 11:36 AM

mikegooner0:
    you will find at level 91,94,96,97,99,100,and 102 there are better clubs than at level 90 .so upgrading now is not advisable because when you do reach those levels you will no doubt want whats best on offer....

mikegooner0:
    its up to you what you can or want to spend really.
    It's also a question of "how long can you wait?"

L91 is at 565,000 XPs
    L96 is at 1,290,000 XPs, adding more than the original number (and time, probably)
    L100 is at 2,500,000 XPs, 4.4 times the original number

The OP is at L90, 11 months in the game. Do you tell him to wait as long or even for four years? Maybe, an "intermediate" solution is acceptable?

• SamSpayed
    4,874 Posts
    Thu, Oct 14 2021 4:33 PM

dhjam1:

Getting to the higher levels will be a grind, but if you are wanting to get your last clubs, then it's worth the wait for  the level 97 Callaway irons, 99 Callaway 3 wood and either the 96, 99 or 102 Drivers

Agreed.  If you're shooting 37 at Wolf Creek and 39 at Torrey Pines, the problem isn't your clubs.  The clubs you have now are fine. 

Try using a different ball than the starter ball.  The L33 Callaways and the L47-48 TaylorMades are both great choices for not too many credits.

Good luck!

• wilrik
    26 Posts
    Sat, Oct 16 2021 3:13 PM

SamSpayed:

dhjam1:

Agreed.  If you're shooting 37 at Wolf Creek and 39 at Torrey Pines, the problem isn't your clubs.  The clubs you have now are fine. 

Try using a different ball than the starter ball.  The L33 Callaways and the L47-48 TaylorMades are both great choices for not too many credits.

Good luck!

Thanks for your answer! The last few rounds I played were on my phone to keep my streak, normally I play on PC and get some better scores haha. 

I really don't want to invest in balls, and kinda have made it my mission to become as good as I can with starter balls. 

However I do think I'm going to go for some clubs now and maybe upgrade later if I feel like it. It's just too much of a grind to wait.

• wilrik
    26 Posts
    Sat, Oct 16 2021 3:14 PM

SimonTheBeetle:

wilrik:
    Currently I'm looking at the L90 p790s, are those worth it to stick with till the end?

Yes, they are IMHO.

They used to sell a L90 TaylorMade club set (including a driver, a 3-wood and an iron set) in the pro shop, and the RSi2 iron set in it had the exactly same specs/attributes so P790S also must be as good as the iron sets listed in upper levels if you can handle the relatively fast meter speed. And the good news is the speed can be tamed with slower-meter balls.

I purchased other iron sets beyond L90 only because I liked the design of them or wanted to "waste" credits.

Again, P790S might be the iron set you would ever need. It's that good.

Thanks for your answer, I think I'll go for those! Any advice on a driver/3wood?

• PAGES
RSS