Help › Forums

Re: Latest mac version resolution

rated by 0 users
Thu, Mar 16 2023 1:17 AM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • duffer5150
    21 Posts
    Sun, Oct 3 2021 6:01 AM

The wgt launcher on my mac updated today and as soon as it was finished it didn't look the same as last time i'd played it. The resolution was different. 

With the previous version I was able to hold the option key when opening and that gave me access to a bigger list of screen resolutions. 

Has anyone worked out how to do this with the latest version? It's definitely not working the same for me on this latest one. 

Thanks,

Neil. 

• ScottHope
    10,012 Posts
    Sun, Oct 3 2021 6:46 AM

Make sure you do not release the option key until the WGT Configuration window appears. Easy to forget this.

• duffer5150
    21 Posts
    Sun, Oct 3 2021 10:42 AM

Hi Scott,

Thank you for your reply. I think it was a post you made earlier that I learned this trick from. Thanks. It worked on my mac before when I held option while clicking the app in the dock. The menu came up on my screen. Not any more. I don't release the option key either. 

I also saw the other post about holding option while clicking the play button. Since this morning, neither are working for me. Tried holding control and command also. Not working. 

I hope there is a solution to this. 

Thanks,

Neil. 

• ScottHope
    10,012 Posts
    Sun, Oct 3 2021 10:50 AM

Disappointed to hear that Neil, lets hope WGT fixes it asap. Cheers.

• MarchieB
    1,524 Posts
    Mon, Oct 4 2021 7:36 AM

Not sure about the Mac version but have you tried looking at the screen resolution options in the games options menu.

• stevie1026
    222 Posts
    Mon, Oct 4 2021 9:18 AM

similar to Neil here....im on a MacBook Pro...last week took the update and screen came up different , so large that bottom screen options not visible at all. was late, 12am after work so I let it go...next night, same, was able to remove task bar from top of screen and then raise the wgt window to expose the bottom options partially but when I went to game settings screen resolution wouldn't change. Night 3, was able to get a "workable" resolution but still not the same, tried all different settings...although I can play now, meter is horrible, herky jerky, and for icing on the cake I lost consecutive days, sent an email but wgt has not reinstated.  stevie1026

• BigAltoAl
    2 Posts
    Sat, Nov 6 2021 11:13 AM

I have the exact same issue.  I thought it was simply a new WGT "glitch" so I uninstalled the app figuring I would simply start from scratch.  Big mistake!  I can no longer use WGT app on my MacBook Pro because I can't update the IOS to the now required version 11.  Complete ripoff -- apparently I have to buy a newer Mac or get an iPad. Does anyone have an alternative suggestion?

• Tigerpaw509
    1,285 Posts
    Wed, Nov 10 2021 8:27 AM

Go to settings within the game and choose setting

• Tigerpaw509
    1,285 Posts
    Wed, Nov 10 2021 8:28 AM

Go to settings within the game and choose setting

• Tigerpaw509
    1,285 Posts
    Thu, Nov 11 2021 5:03 AM

I have a 2011 Mac Book Pro running El Capitan ver 10.11.6 and the game works just fine with no video/screen issues.

• PAGES
RSS