Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Clash Green Speeds

rated by 0 users
Mon, Nov 8 2021 11:40 PM (5 replies)
  • JasCooper
    528 Posts
    Fri, Oct 1 2021 11:58 AM

I’ve noticed in Clashes all the greens are Championship speed. Is this based on the player’s tier, or does everyone have to deal with them?

I thought they used to vary from game to game. And I can’t putt to save my life on faster greens.

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Fri, Oct 1 2021 12:04 PM

During the clash , for clash rounds they are set the same speed for everyone , not tier set.

just to clarify , during a clash the green speed is the same for everyone regardless of their tier.

• SamSpayed
    4,874 Posts
    Fri, Oct 1 2021 3:46 PM

JasCooper:

I’ve noticed in Clashes all the greens are Championship speed. Is this based on the player’s tier, or does everyone have to deal with them?

I thought they used to vary from game to game. And I can’t putt to save my life on faster greens.

As a Tour Champion, Championship greens are your default green speed.  They're also the default speed for Tour Legends and Champions.  How did you get to TC if you can't putt on them to save your life?  Just curious.

• JasCooper
    528 Posts
    Sun, Oct 3 2021 1:33 PM

So, which is it? Clash green speed and tees are based on my tier? I thought in the past, green speed varied from game to game. Or maybe I was thinking about Showdowns.

As far as reaching TC and suck at putting, I think the term is “Red Tee Champion”. I could create Club Tournaments, so I played Kiawah front 9 from the ladies’ tees and fast greens, a lot…… Kinda wish I hadn’t.

• dhjam1
    577 Posts
    Sun, Oct 3 2021 2:17 PM

JasCooper:

So, which is it? Clash green speed and tees are based on my tier? I thought in the past, green speed varied from game to game. Or maybe I was thinking about Showdowns.

Green speed varies from clash to clash. So next clash it could be speed 10, for every round. 

Showdown green speed varies with each round

• Tepi62Ka
    321 Posts
    Mon, Nov 8 2021 11:40 PM

SamSpayed:

JasCooper:

As a Tour Champion, Championship greens are your default green speed.  They're also the default speed for Tour Legends and Champions.  How did you get to TC if you can't putt on them to save your life?  Just curious.

That I wonder too??

RSS