Forums

Help › Forums

Re: I can play this game on my phone and tablet but...

Mon, Sep 13 2021 9:00 PM (3 replies)
  • jeffreypeikin
    4 Posts
    Mon, Sep 13 2021 3:44 AM

when i click "start play" a popup comes up EVERY FRICKING TIME and I cannot play this game on my Apple Mac.

Why?

I do not know. It worked 10 years ago. Must be progress in the wrong direction,.

• borntobesting
    9,605 Posts
    Mon, Sep 13 2021 10:38 AM

I am assuming you are clicking on play now. You don't play on a computer by clicking play now all that does is load the popup to allow you to download the launcher to play the game, 

When that popup loads Click on download on the App store. and download the launcher. Install the launcher and play by loading the launcher. 

Check out this thread  

https://www.wgt.com/forums/t/612678.aspx

• ScottHope
    10,014 Posts
    Mon, Sep 13 2021 1:21 PM

That play now button (top left) appears to work in different ways.

If you have the game already installed, but used an old installer version, then clicking the Play Now button seems to always open the game download page. But if you installed the game with a newer version of the installer, then clicking the Play Now button (for me anyways) will open the game itself (with an option the first time asking if you always want to do this).

WGTweb explains it much better here.

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,468 Posts
    Mon, Sep 13 2021 9:00 PM

jeffreypeikin:
    I do not know. It worked 10 years ago. Must be progress in the wrong direction,.

Wow, what a splendid memory you have!

If I were you coming back to the game after 10 years, I wouldn't even remember what was where nor how it worked at all.

Welcome back and good luck on your second try.

RSS