Help › Forums

Re: Hitting out of Sand Trap Hill Side

rated by 0 users
Mon, Sep 13 2021 4:47 AM (3 replies)
  • Tinytones
    1 Posts
    Sun, Sep 12 2021 2:20 PM

Hi All!

New player here, loving the game so far and all that comes with it. I had a question about sand trap hill sides that I couldn't find the answer to and was hoping someone could give me some insight/knowledge on how to go about this:

- Royal St. George

- Hole 5 (Par 4)

- Position: My ball hit the bunker about 138 yds out from the hole. The bunker lie is at 30-40%, but the ball is positioned on the side of the hill.

- I've tried a various # of shots, but i'm either missing it completely or it's not coming out of the bunker at all, lol. This is a tough one. Thank the golf gods that I'm not in an actual game.

Any help or suggestions are welcomed, i'm all ears at this point. :)

Appreciate the community!

Cheers!

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Sun, Sep 12 2021 10:10 PM

My personal rule: From 30-40% (and up), only use wedges, and don't expect more than 70 yds.

• golferguy2018
    362 Posts
    Mon, Sep 13 2021 4:47 AM

When it happens to me (quite often ) I will either hit out to the side or back of bunker. Hit it hard enough so you get out. Play a practice 3 round and see if you can hit a bunker shot that ends up next to  the wall & try it.

• Cicero733
    2,293 Posts
    Mon, Sep 13 2021 5:48 AM

Sometimes in those bunkers you cannot advance the ball. You have to hit it to the side 90° from the forward direction. 

RSS