Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Showdown Rush 2nd place tie B.S.

rated by 0 users
Sat, Dec 2 2023 10:38 AM (7 replies)
  • scwing1
    35 Posts
    Thu, Sep 9 2021 7:29 AM

This is my e-mail  to customer support, and the non-reply I was given. 

"I just played the Showdown Rush, Rookie. 
    I would like to know why, with a score of minus 6 (basically a tie for 2nd), I finished in 7th place.
    I was the first to post a score of Minus 6. My final 3 hole game score was minus 3.
    I watched my position fall as other players posted a Minus 6, moving ahead of me. I was hoping this would get sorted out at the end, according to your rules for ties.
    I would like to understand why, with my first posted Minus 6, with 3 birdies in the final 3 round game, 6 other players have finished ahead of me, for no other apparent reason than they posted after I did?
    Exactly why is it that someone else is in 2nd Place, or even 3rd Place, and not myself?
    Why have I been penalized for posting my score early?"

The reply:

"Hey Michael,

Thank you for your message. A Showdown game is supposed to let you finish your holes and keep your score when your opponent forfeits. It should only give bogeys if you forfeit a Showdown game, or have unplayed holes when the leaderboard closes.

I refunded the entry fee credits back to your account for your trouble.

Our QA team is looking further into the issue and we hope to have it resolved for you soon. Thank you for your patience.

If you have any other questions, let us know.

Sincerely,

WGT Member Services"

According to WGT rules for ties, I should have been at or near the top of the 6 person 2nd place tie, not at the bottom. I deserve a sensible reply.
    If the only criteria used to sort out placements in ties is the last posted score is at the highest finish placement, then they should say so, and I will wait until the last minute to post any future scores. 

The way this has been handled is absurd at best, and down-right fraud at worst.

• richard03804
    22 Posts
    Thu, Sep 9 2021 8:36 AM

do you have that scorecard to post here

• BOZskills
    388 Posts
    Thu, Sep 9 2021 4:20 PM

@scwing1,sir there are 8 tiebreaker rules for the showdown. Being the first to post your score is actually number8 on the list. I'm not going to put all eight here as i'm not that great on the cumputer,but if you go to the search>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> and enter showdown tiebreaker rules and go to the 8/22/2021 thread you will find your answer. Hope this helps,gl.

• SamSpayed
    4,874 Posts
    Thu, Sep 9 2021 6:40 PM

scwing1:
    According to WGT rules for ties, I should have been at or near the top of the 6 person 2nd place tie, not at the bottom. I deserve a sensible reply.

It's obvious that whoever replied to you from WGT Member Services didn't read or understand your message.  Their reply was their boilerplate response to anyone who emails them complaining about receiving bogeys in the Showdowns, which is a separate but ongoing problem.

To answer your question... the Showdown tie-breaker rules may be found in this post:

https://www.wgt.com/forums/p/683118/4570782.aspx#4570782

Completing your Showdown early potentially helps you (Tiebreaker #8).

• BStanley6
    1,179 Posts
    Thu, Sep 9 2021 10:10 PM

My guess is they had better final 3 holes, i.e. They had an Eagle in there as well as the 2 birds.

• Tabarnak777
    166 Posts
    Fri, Sep 10 2021 3:40 PM

The sequence of holes are different too. For example, one player can finish with 3 holes on kiawa and another one will finish their last 3 holes on wolf creek. So the question is how they rank these sequences? It's still a mystery to me.

I suppose they are fixed, so even if you finish strongly then maybe one earlier sequence is the actual finisher with some bad scores in it.

With a 6th place, 5 other players would have finished with eagle and birdies to tie and surpass the OP, which is quite unlikely.

• Tabarnak777
    166 Posts
    Tue, Nov 2 2021 11:14 AM

Not sure if they apply this for top leaders but it does make sense with OP. Found from a friend:

If score is tied, leaderboard order will be determined by the following tiebreaker :

1)Number of Showdown holes completed

2)Score of Final Showdown game

3)Score of Second-to-last Showdown game

4)Score of Third-to-last Showdown game

5)Number of Double Eagles scored in Showdown

6)Number of Eagles scored in Showdown

7)Number of Birdies scored in Showdown

8)First to complete Showdown round

• MrFelina
    2 Posts
    Sat, Dec 2 2023 10:38 AM

I don't understand #1.

Everyone completes the same amount of holes who's finished. This rule is aimed at the people who don't play all 9 or all 18 depending on the Showdown?

I just scored a 29 and am probably going to miss the cut on this last Showdown Royale. Crazy. I'm tied with 3 others who have a 29 and even thought I was 2 under for the last 3, the others must have been better. 

RSS