Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Ios update not working

Sun, Jan 15 2023 11:13 PM (13 replies)
  • PAGES
  • m4w70
    5 Posts
    Sat, Sep 4 2021 11:27 AM

I've had this issue for 5 days now! As per other users, my (old) iPad is stuck in the endless loop of requiring an update, with none available. It's ridiculous. Luckily, I'm able to play on my Android phone (which is useless given my bad eyesight) to keep up my days played streak, but the user experience is crappy for me on that device.

• protonc
    643 Posts
    Sun, Sep 5 2021 2:33 PM

protonc:

This is from memory with other apps for an older IOS device.  If possible login on a friends newer device, select buy or whatever the option is, then go back to your device.  If I remember correctly it will be there to download. Not the best option, but better than nothing. I have an older ipad that I was able to do this with for other apps.

If I get time tomorrow maybe I'll test it for WGT app. I'm a PC player 99% of the time.

• protonc
    643 Posts
    Mon, Sep 6 2021 7:29 AM

No, I couldn't get my old Ipad to update either after trying my method that had worked in the past.  Looks like it will be used for browsing. 

App deleted. 

• rachelgomez123
    23 Posts
    Sun, Jan 15 2023 11:13 PM

If you still can't install the latest version of iOS or iPadOS, try downloading the update again:

Go to Settings > General > [Device name] Storage.

Find the update in the list of apps.

Tap the update, then tap Delete Update.

Go to Settings > General > Software Update and download the latest update.

Regards,

Rachel Gomez

• PAGES
RSS