Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Never quit!

Tue, Aug 31 2021 9:40 AM (3 replies)
  • FlashDragon1
    3 Posts
    Mon, Aug 30 2021 12:35 PM

Periodically I’ll have people quit on me for seemingly no other reason than they think they’re going to lose. Im sure there’s the exception who really had to go. Other than that, as I’ve learned more about this game, I feel forfeiting is never a good option. Don’t get me wrong. I’ve self imploded on a hole and felt that frustration. But when you quit, do you accomplish anything other than losing the XP you earn, even if you lose? Is this a petty move of some sort, or just frustration? I guess it could be either. But you’re not robbing them of their glory if they force you to quit.  I’ve had great comebacks. Other players have had great comebacks against me. That can’t happen if you quit. But why forfeit the XP? It’s also a good time to get in some practice. Unless I’m missing something, never quit!

• Connorjwebb123
    421 Posts
    Tue, Aug 31 2021 8:28 AM
    Could be a number of reasons. If they know they are gonna loose and use an expensive ball why would one want to waste hits on it?. And people have lives, phone calls etc..
  • cyclerider18
    1 Posts
    Tue, Aug 31 2021 9:40 AM

I am only a level 61. If I am ahead of a person ranked above me and they get a bad shot off, next thing you know they forfeit. Play the entire round. Don't be such a baby when you are doing bad. We all have bad days. Grow up.

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Tue, Aug 31 2021 10:03 AM

FlashDragon1:

Periodically I’ll have people quit on me for seemingly no other reason than they think they’re going to lose. Im sure there’s the exception who really had to go. Other than that, as I’ve learned more about this game, I feel forfeiting is never a good option. Don’t get me wrong. I’ve self imploded on a hole and felt that frustration. But when you quit, do you accomplish anything other than losing the XP you earn, even if you lose? Is this a petty move of some sort, or just frustration? I guess it could be either. But you’re not robbing them of their glory if they force you to quit.  I’ve had great comebacks. Other players have had great comebacks against me. That can’t happen if you quit. But why forfeit the XP? It’s also a good time to get in some practice. Unless I’m missing something, never quit!

The main reason is it's just a waste of time to continue. You will see this happen more in either single hole rooms or Bellagio.

people in single hole rooms like Rio and Tokyo are often doing apparel runs and are on a 30 minute timer. Accepting a loss early may allow them to get an extra apparel round in on their timer.

My personal approach is  as long as a hole out will win it for me I'll generally stay in if it's a one hole match. 

Bellagio if I'm two strokes down going into the last hole I'll almost always quit. at most i might wait and see the tee shot.

people do it in Bellagio due to the Turf Wars. once again it's about getting wins in over time. They/I  don't care about finishing a definite loss. Close it and start the next. 

RSS