Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Not getting credits

rated by 0 users
Thu, Sep 9 2021 3:14 PM (9 replies)
  • Stu6261
    2 Posts
    Sat, Aug 28 2021 11:57 PM

I'm just starting on WGT but I have found I am going backwards wrt credits. I have not earned any recently but use up what I have on balls. I will soon have no golf balls and no credits to buy more. I thought it was possible to play this as a free game.

Appreciate advice before I just uninstall.

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Mon, Aug 30 2021 11:52 AM

As an amateur , you can perfectly well play the game with free clubs and free balls . Learn the courses , and positional play , watch the videos each day to build up a credit balance and by the time you know the courses all , you will have a balance big enough to buy what you want. I played right up to tour master before buying any balls , it’s perfectly possible to enjoy the game without spending money on it. 
    When you get better enter some of the free WGT tournaments and you will win credits  

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Mon, Aug 30 2021 11:57 AM

I have sent you some balls of the level I was using  . Lelsey

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Mon, Aug 30 2021 9:18 PM

Stu6261:
    I thought it was possible to play this as a free game.
    Of course - with Starter equipment!

Other than that, it's a part of the capitalist world, a typical FTP - PTW game.

• Stu6261
    2 Posts
    Mon, Aug 30 2021 11:12 PM

Thanks bossbird. I will give you some coin if you let me know how.

Stuart

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Tue, Aug 31 2021 2:53 PM

Stu6261:

Thanks bossbird. I will give you some coin if you let me know how.

Stuart

No need at all , and you can’t anyway ! 

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Wed, Sep 1 2021 8:27 AM

Stu6261:

I'm just starting on WGT but I have found I am going backwards wrt credits. I have not earned any recently but use up what I have on balls. I will soon have no golf balls and no credits to buy more. I thought it was possible to play this as a free game.

Appreciate advice before I just uninstall.

Watch videos on a mobile device or an emulator daily. 75 videos equal the cap of 150 credits per day. that alone will be more credits for golf balls than you ever need.

Play the Showdowns. the ball rewards will help fill out even more golf balls. and if win enough of those can use the video credits for gear as you level up.

• SamSpayed
    4,898 Posts
    Wed, Sep 1 2021 1:59 PM

Mythanatos:

Watch videos on a mobile device or an emulator daily. 75 videos equal the cap of 150 credits per day. that alone will be more credits for golf balls than you ever need.

Play the Showdowns. the ball rewards will help fill out even more golf balls. and if win enough of those can use the video credits for gear as you level up.

He's in Australia.  I've heard several folks from Australia say that the 2 credit video ads are not available to them.  But he might be able to watch them if uses a VPN and connects to WGT through a VPN server in the USA.

He also has COIN equipment, which is probably not good enough to place high enough in the Showdowns to win prizes.

• BStanley6
    1,179 Posts
    Wed, Sep 1 2021 3:32 PM

The only way to get the free video credits in Australia is to install the game onto your phone (I presume other mobile devices would work also but not 100% sure) & you can get 150 credits a day this way. I start the app each morning & start collecting credits while catching up on emails, news, forums etc & just glance over & start the next video every 30 seconds or so.

When I decided to get serious about the game & get rid of the starter equipment I spent up to an hour or so a day doing the surveys available through the website on my PC & this gave me credits to upgrade all of my clubs within a few weeks. I did this before I knew about the free credits on my phone.

Unfortunately we get ripped off in Australia as the returns aren't as high as other parts of the World & we don't get the offers to play different games for 1,00's of credits that some do also, Yet we still have to pay the same price to purchase equipment.  I've also found that the payouts are a lot better on the phone for surveys though then through the website & every so often they have a 2 x credit weekend where you get double the payout. I'm at the stage now that the 150 video credits a day keep me covered for ball cost but I only use a cheap ball compared to most at 250 Credits a sleeve.

I logged onto my account using a VPN once & it has disabled my peanutlabs (online surveys) account for violating terms & conditions so I can no longer get credits that way. I emailed them advising I believe you've disabled me as I was trying for some privacy (I tried some of the offers to no avail & now get a heap of spam emails)  but have never received a response but I'm not surprised or fussed about that (I never received an outcome for the over 50 claims I put in for surveys I did that never got paid which was over 5 hours of my time & over 15,000 in credits). 

If you go the free video route you may have to shutdown & restart the app quite a few times to get your 150 credits but you will get there. I've restarted about 4 times while tying this out & picked up about 50 credits (I'm a slow typer & been doing other stuff while typing LOL)

Other ways to pick up credits are play the WGT free tourneys or join an active country club that runs prizemoney tournaments.

• HamdenPro
    2,410 Posts
    Thu, Sep 9 2021 3:14 PM

Agree with all that has been said.  I played for free for a very long time using starter clubs and the free balls.  As I advanced, and could no longer reach fairways, I started taking surveys....lots and lots of surveys.  A majority of the time, after answering a bunch of questions, I would then be disqualified from the survey saying I was not a suitable fit.  As this started to become a pattern, I started keeping track of all the surveys I was disqualified from (after answering many questions to determine if I was qualified).

I then sent a long email to wgt as, it appeared to me, I had taken a lot of surveys to see if I was eligible to take surveys!!. I explained how I had taken surveys, in essence, in trying to take the surveys to see if I was qualified to take surveys. In my estimation, I was owed over 3,000 credits for surveys I took to see if I was qualified to take the surveys that I was unable to take due to my answers to the surveys seeking to see if I was eligible to take surveys!!!

After sending numerous emails to wgt demanding payment of 3,000 credits for the surveys I took to see if I could take the surveys which I could not take, due to my answers on the surveys I did take, WGT gave me the credits!!!!  Afterwards, I received a survey from WGT to see if I was satisfied with their response to my emails about the surveys I took to see if I was qualified to take the surveys I could not take....I did not respond to the survey as their were no credits involved.

I also use the mobile app and run the 2 credit videos each day. I usually put the phone next to me when working and just keep clicking the links for the vids. I do not actually watch them. I just keep clicking on them while I am working on other things. The credits do add up. I used to watch the videos but after watching the Perdue Chicken ads over and over and over again, I stopped watching them. However, I am now addicted to Perdue Chicken tenders!

Ultimately, in the end, I broke down and purchased 11,000 credits through the mobile app for $100.00. That's right, you get a 1,000 more if you purchase through the mobile app as opposed to the online store. I used the credits to upgrade my clubs.  Other than that, I still set aside 1 days a week for surveys and still watch the videos. They do add up enough to purchase balls. I try to stay with lower level balls as they cost less credits and still get the job done.

RSS