Forums

Help › Forums

Re: early access

rated by 0 users
Mon, Sep 6 2021 10:25 PM (4 replies)
  • Jerrodcaldwell53
    26 Posts
    Sat, Aug 28 2021 8:40 AM

I can not get it to not update. I have tried to load it several times but it just removes the old loads the new and says it need to restart and it updates. i have done it 10 times or more. What am i doing wrong. PLEASE HELP???????.

Thanks all.

• ScottHope
    7,931 Posts
    Sat, Aug 28 2021 9:29 AM

If you play on a PC you can fire up the game by running the golf.exe file, thereby sidestepping the launcher and the update process.

That file can be found here...

C: \ Program Files (x86) \ Topgolf \ WGTLauncher \ golf \ golf.exe

...double click it to run it.

• pdb1
    22,500 Posts
    Sat, Aug 28 2021 10:31 AM

ScottHope:

If you play on a PC you can fire up the game by running the golf.exe file, thereby sidestepping the launcher and the update process.

That file can be found here...

C: \ Program Files (x86) \ Topgolf \ WGTLauncher \ golf \ golf.exe

...double click it to run it.

Hey Scott . You already know that I have said that each down time and update . When they add new features , events , codes , etc . That this physically adds much time to my " LOADING:RENDERING OBJECTS " . After this last update and the 2 down times prior to that . My " LOADING:RENDERING OBJECTS " is back up to 60 to 90 seconds . There are only a few cool players that are willing to wait for this . This happens before the tee . Similar to the spinning in Flash . Once the tee loads . All is good and was the only delay .

When you say " sidestepping the update process " . And clicking

C: \ Program Files (x86) \ Topgolf \ WGTLauncher \ golf \ golf.exe .

Does it not launch the current update ? Up to the last update ? Do you have to do it before it has already updated your machine ? Does it eliminate all updates lol ?

• ScottHope
    7,931 Posts
    Sat, Aug 28 2021 1:06 PM

As far as I am aware, running the golf.exe file does not check for or install any updates. It will just run the game with the latest updates that were successfully installed by the launcher.

It's just a way to get the game up and running if the launcher gets stuck trying to install an update.

• Jerrodcaldwell53
    26 Posts
    Mon, Sep 6 2021 10:25 PM

thanks.

RSS